Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please can someone help me!!

Hi is there anyone that can help me?

I've been married to my husband currently for over two years he is living with me in England. He came and sought asylum. I was working full time as a carer and had to stop due to dad becoming ill and becoming his carer I'm now claiming careers allowance and understand I can apply for his visa on this?

I'm in current receipt of
Child benefit 20.50 a week
Child tax credits 64.00 a week
Carers allowance 62.70 a week
Housing benefit 195.00 a week
Council tax 15.42 a week

Please note the child is not my husbands.

Can I apply for his visa when I'm in receipt of these benefits will any of them affect the decision?

We live in a one bedroom property 2 adults 1 child.

Also when could we apply for his visa?

Also am I still able to work part time?

Thank you for your help if anyone is out there.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
To meet adequate maintenance , you need to have each week at least 114.85 + 66.90 + 17.45 = £199.20 left after paying for rent and council tax.
He can apply for his leave to remain while you are getting benefits and they all count.
You can work.
As to when he can apply, look at the first sticky.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your quick response.

Regarding gis leave to remain this means he can go places and come back?

Obviously I don't pay for rent or council tax so all I pay for is the food etc.. really sorry but i really don't understand any off this. How long do i need to be on carers before we can apply? Is it 199 a week because of the child? But the child isn't his or does that not make a difference I have left over 147.20 at the minute so getting a part time job will boost that up? But that won't affect the decision will it? And the housing benefit won't affect it also?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You just need to be in receipt of your benefits and carer's allowance at the time he applies. Your child counts as they are looking for whether you can maintain the all three of you. You should have enough income to meet the maintenance requirement as it is.
Look at the detailed rule in https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._and_Accommodation_Appendix_FM_Annex_1_7A.pdf
Go to the home page of Britain Forum and right at the top there is a sticky about when he can apply for extension/renewal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You say that in need 199 a week allnim receiving is

Child benefit 20.50 a week
Child benefit 64.00 a week
Carers allowance 62.70 a week
Housing benefit 195.00 a week
Council tax 15.42 a week

- the rent and council tax this only leaves me 147 a week which is not enough to what you say :/ I've read these pages but they are all so confusing..!

So should I get a part time job? Or will the 147 a week cover the three of us?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
How much is your weekly rent and council tax?
You can be a housing association tenant.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank for reply.

My rent is 195 a week which is covered and council tax is 19.27 a week I have to add additional 3.85 per week

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
We all give our services free, and Sundays are often spent with families, or attending church or going out, rather than sitting at computers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Hope you are well.

I wanted to ask whether my husband visa extension would be granted if i receive carers allowance. Woud he be exempt from the 18,600 financial requirement. He also works full time. And i recieve child benefit and child tax for one child. I have also applied for universal credit.

Would really appreciate if you could help me as i am so confused and not sure if my husbands visa extension will be granted its due to ends in 6months his visa.

Thank you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.