Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received an invitation to apply for visa based on an EOI submitted with 70 points, 5 points of which comes from partner skills points.

After receiving the invitation to apply for Visa, my partner decided to request for anm IELTS remark. However, IELTS removed the test results online for that particular test.

We still have a scanned copy of the IELTS form, containing a test reference number and the result.

Is it possible to proceed with the application with this form?

I am worried because the test results cannot be verified online at this time when we login to IELTS website. Also, if the application is successful, my understanding is they will give a new Test Reference Number, which may no longer match the information provided during the invitation.

Thank you for the advice.
---
EOI submitted 29/6/2015 (70 pts)
Invite 6/7/2015

·
Registered
664 Posts
I received an invitation to apply for visa based on an EOI submitted with 70 points, 5 points of which comes from partner skills points.

After receiving the invitation to apply for Visa, my partner decided to request for anm IELTS remark. However, IELTS removed the test results online for that particular test.

We still have a scanned copy of the IELTS form, containing a test reference number and the result.

Is it possible to proceed with the application with this form?

I am worried because the test results cannot be verified online at this time when we login to IELTS website. Also, if the application is successful, my understanding is they will give a new Test Reference Number, which may no longer match the information provided during the invitation.

Thank you for the advice.
---
EOI submitted 29/6/2015 (70 pts)
Invite 6/7/2015
Why did you guys go for a remark?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My partner score is missing 0.5 points in speaking to reach band 7.
We figured there might be some use to a higher test result for job search or to pursue individual visa application if things did not work out as planned.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would say it is ok as long as you didn't lie about getting not lower than 6.
If you got just band 5.5 and went ahead to update EOI with band 6, then ur application would definately get rejected even if you managed to get all 6 and above after remark. If that happened, you would have to start everything again from new EOI

But your case now is genuine, you can always explain to officer. You can actually write a formal clarification letter and attach it together with your current result and upload it as a document now. So CO already know what happened since day one and won't be surprised when she can't find your result online. She would ask you for it when remark is done.
Good Luck

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Shouldn't have gone for the remark. There is no correlation between getting a job and your English results. Edit: Even if there is for any specific occupation/ job, you should have done it after the visa process.

See if there is a possibility to cancel the whole thing and get the old TRF with the old (original) test date/ result date back online. As per the rules, all factors which lead to your points claim should be in place at the time of invitation. What if this new TRF comes with a new date? Hopefully not. Because, if it does, then it will look like you claimed 5 partner points at a time when you were not eligible for it. Furthermore, CO would rely on online verification directly with IDP/ BC rather than the hard-copy of your result.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Well I did IELTS remarking in Feb this year. The new TRF shows the original test date and they also provide a letter saying that you have asked for remarking and the result of remarking is so on and so forth. So these can be used as verification for your claims. I still think it is ok. You did not falsify any documents or lie to get points. Your claims are genuine.

Reactions: KeeDa

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for the advise.

I'm worried and I am still unsure what to do.

Regarding your case mmauk, based on your signature, did the IELTS remark results come before your invitation to apply?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts