Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I am applying for a spouse visa but I have been advised by solicitor that as I am a salaried employee at £15,000 and have done overtime to take my salary to 18,900. I cannot apply for a spouse visa with FLRM. He advised me that as my salary was £275.00 in one of the weeks. My financial income requirement would be based on this figure.

I thought it was the average of 6 months?

My gross annual salary is £15000

I have been working out the financial requirement using:

"You take an average over the last 6 months, so you add all your payslips, divide by 6 and multiply by 12 to get your annual amount."

I would be applying using category A, as I have been employed for longer than 6 months. I am correct in saying that I it would be category A?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If you're applying under Category A and supplying six payslips, each payslip must show at least £1550.

·
Registered
7,364 Posts
Read section 5 of the following document:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_Annex_1_7_Financial_Requirement.pdf

You can apply under Cat A even where salaried, if your income varies due to number of hours worked etc, and I presume that working overtime to boost your income comes under this category. (although I have never worked with true salaried people who get paid for overtime)

The formula is :

(Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6 month period, divided by
6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards
the financial requirement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.