Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and need some general information before I apply for PR as a Family member of EEA.

My husband is a German national and came to UK in 2008. He is working since then for the past 7 years.

We got married in June 2010(in UK) but before that we started to live together from october 2008. After we got married I applied for RC and it is been issued from November 2010.

Now my question is: my husband was working since February 2008 without any gap and from Jaunary 2015(this year) he registered at the job centre as a job seeker and receiving contribution based Jobseekers allowance.

1. Is my PR qualfying period starts from October 2008? or June 2010? or November 2010?
2. is this contribution based jobseekers alowance will affect my PR? he got all the proof of looking for jobs, refusals and interview calls.

Please hep me to find answers to these questions and I would be happy if anyone assist me with the application.

thanks a million
Samyuktha

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 The requirement for permanent residence is you are a family member of an EEA citizen who is a qualified person, and have lived in UK as such for 5 years. You can try applying now, but you need documentary evidence of cohabitation and subsisting relationship for 5 years. It will be easier to apply in November 2015.
#2 No, it won't.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
#1 The requirement for permanent residence is you are a family member of an EEA citizen who is a qualified person, and have lived in UK as such for 5 years. You can try applying now, but you need documentary evidence of cohabitation and subsisting relationship for 5 years. It will be easier to apply in November 2015.
#2 No, it won't.

Thank you so much for your reply.

I think I would apply now submitting all the relevant document for the past 5 years without any gaps. And will see what will happen :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.