Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear,

I submitted 02 EOIs seperately, and I got both 189 and 190 invitations.

This is a weird question, but I would like to know if I could lodge for both 189 and 190 visa applications at the same time ? Whenever I get visa grant from one of these, I will cancel the rest. I just want to get visa as soon as possible, and I dont want to lose my chance. Moreover, I can accept to pay double visa fees (189 and 190).

Thanks

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
Dear,

This is a weird question, but I would like to know if I could lodge for both 189 and 190 visa applications at the same time ? Whenever I get visa grant from one of these, I will cancel the rest. I just want to get visa as soon as possible, and I dont want to lose my chance. Moreover, I can accept to pay double visa fees (189 and 190).

Thanks
I am sure DIBP will be happy with your double fees.
I don't think they must have also come across such a generous applicant

An applicant can have multiple visa applications under process at the same time.
The later visa cancels the previous visa if both are substantive, which will be in your case

If you are willing to live with the above conditions and pay double fees, I see no reason why you cannot apply under both

But do recheck with the department before lodging

Cheers

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am sure DIBP will be happy with your double fees.
I don't think they must have also come across such a generous applicant

An applicant can have multiple visa applications under process at the same time.
The later visa cancels the previous visa if both are substantive, which will be in your case

If you are willing to live with the above conditions and pay double fees, I see no reason why you cannot apply under both

But do recheck with the department before lodging

Cheers
Hahaha. I was ROFLMAO at this comment, newbienz

·
Registered
140 Posts
The process of 190 is quite lengthy, compared to 189, because you must successfully pass the state process of 190 which usually lasts around 1-10 weeks, depending on states and your documents. Both 189 and 190 are similar in terms of document verification and health and security clearance checks, as the end you must submit all your documents to DIBP. So, it sounds that 189 is quite matched with your criteria of speed and chance.

By the way, if you choose one visa application, either 189 or 190, please cancel the other for the benefits of other applicants.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi mates,

You don't know how much I have paid for tuition fees, living expenses, and more important is time during the waiting time in Australia. And when you got an opportunity that you have fight for it , why do you throw it away ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dear,

Thanks

Hi,

I would recommend 189 as it doesn't come with any restrictions and I see that the processing is a bit faster then 190.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Dear,

Thanks

I would suggest go for 189 and abandon 190. It will help someone waiting in the queue for a 190 invite. Moreover 189 comes with no restriction. While 190 has a sort of moral obligation to live in the state for 2 years but had I been in your place, then I would have applied under 189 and withdrawn 190.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts