Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a stupid question but myself and my husband are talking about our visa path. we have not applied for any visa as of yet just getting all our information together. Is it worth my husband contacting companies that are advertising jobs he is qualified for now? I am wondering if an employer wanted him it would help the process

Do we apply for normal visa first then get an employer to help the process. We cannot move realistically until middle of next year as my daughter has exams but hubby willing to go first but not a year early.

As im looking more and more through the threads im getting a little over whelmed with all the codes and numbers SORRY!:confused2:

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Unless the skill he is applying for is hard to find (i.e. Nurses, Doctors, Mining, Engineers) then this is not usually a successful path. The visa needs to be sorted out before employers really take a look.

He is welcome to contact, but most companies I suspect will say 'get visa first, then call back'.

I know its a stupid question but myself and my husband are talking about our visa path. we have not applied for any visa as of yet just getting all our information together. Is it worth my husband contacting companies that are advertising jobs he is qualified for now? I am wondering if an employer wanted him it would help the process

Do we apply for normal visa first then get an employer to help the process. We cannot move realistically until middle of next year as my daughter has exams but hubby willing to go first but not a year early.

As im looking more and more through the threads im getting a little over whelmed with all the codes and numbers SORRY!:confused2:

·
Registered
315 Posts
> will say 'get visa first, then call back'.

I heard from folks that then they'll say, "Get here to show your commitment, then we'll talk."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts