Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Apply for 26311 through 189 or 190

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  NB 
Hi,

I want to work at NSW through 26311 ANZSCO. Since this is in the SOL, do you think it would be a better idea to apply through via 189 or via 190? I think if I apply through 190, I'll get extra 5 points due to "Nomination by state or territory government (visa subclass 190 only) 5" component.

What do you guys reckon?

Can I submit EOI for both 189 and 190 for this? Asking because points will vary, right? And would I have to shell out $3600 x 2 since I am applying for 2 subclasses? Please advise.
You can submit two separate EOI for 189 and 190. I think you will get 189 before you get 190.

EOI is free and you can't even shell out 2 x $3600 even if you tried cos DIBP will only process one visa application at a time. Edit: You can do that, but if you lodge visa for both, it will just create confusion and issues.

I suggest you read this : http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-190-sol-csol-what-1st-thing-i-should-do.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.