Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to work at NSW through 26311 ANZSCO. Since this is in the SOL, do you think it would be a better idea to apply through via 189 or via 190? I think if I apply through 190, I'll get extra 5 points due to "Nomination by state or territory government (visa subclass 190 only) 5" component.

What do you guys reckon?

Can I submit EOI for both 189 and 190 for this? Asking because points will vary, right? And would I have to shell out $3600 x 2 since I am applying for 2 subclasses? Please advise.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi,

I want to work at NSW through 26311 ANZSCO. Since this is in the SOL, do you think it would be a better idea to apply through via 189 or via 190? I think if I apply through 190, I'll get extra 5 points due to "Nomination by state or territory government (visa subclass 190 only) 5" component.

What do you guys reckon?

Can I submit EOI for both 189 and 190 for this? Asking because points will vary, right? And would I have to shell out $3600 x 2 since I am applying for 2 subclasses? Please advise.
You can submit two separate EOI for 189 and 190. I think you will get 189 before you get 190.

EOI is free and you can't even shell out 2 x $3600 even if you tried cos DIBP will only process one visa application at a time. Edit: You can do that, but if you lodge visa for both, it will just create confusion and issues.

I suggest you read this : http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-190-sol-csol-what-1st-thing-i-should-do.html

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
Hi,

What do you guys reckon?

You don't have to submit any fees when you submit your EOI.
You can submit multiple EOIs as required by you

The fees of $3,600 is payable only when you get an invite, which cAn be either from 189 or 190, it does not matter. The fees are same amd payable only once.

Please give your points table for more advice

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't have to submit any fees when you submit your EOI.
You can submit multiple EOIs as required by you

The fees of $3,600 is payable only when you get an invite, which cAn be either from 189 or 190, it does not matter. The fees are same amd payable only once.

Please give your points table for more advice

Cheers

Many thanks for your reply. I haven't started the process yet, but I am single, and I will try my best to get 20 points in English.

So, just to clarify, I can submit EOI for 26311 through 189 and 190 both right?

The 5 points for 36 months of work experiences -> should this is being the same field that I am applying for (26311) so in fact, should this be validated by the ACS? Or is it any work ex?

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
Many thanks for your reply. I haven't started the process yet, but I am single, and I will try my best to get 20 points in English.

The 5 points for 36 months of work experiences -> should this is being the same field that I am applying for (26311) so in fact, should this be validated by the ACS? Or is it any work ex?
Please give th correct anzsco code.
You are missing a digit

Cheers

·
Registered
23,944 Posts

The work experience has to be in the same job that has been accepted by ACS during skills assessment and has to be validated by ACS
Any other job will not entitle you to claim points

Also do not claim points for the period that is normally deducted by ACS for AQF
Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The work experience has to be in the same job that has been accepted by ACS during skills assessment and has to be validated by ACS
Any other job will not entitle you to claim points

Also do not claim points for the period that is normally deducted by ACS for AQF
Cheers
Thanks a lot for your reply! My experience letter does not mention the duties performed... how do you reckon I should go around this? I know it is not recommended, but, do you think I can just add my roles and responsibilities to the exp. letter myself and get it notarized? How do you think the ACS actually verifies the exp. letter?

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
Thanks a lot for your reply! My experience letter does not mention the duties performed... how do you reckon I should go around this? I know it is not recommended, but, do you think I can just add my roles and responsibilities to the exp. letter myself and get it notarized? How do you think the ACS actually verifies the exp. letter?
If the experience letter does not mention the RNR then it's not a reference letter but only a service letter

You have to get a separate statutory declaration made by your manager or team leader giving your RNR
The format is given in the ACS website
Your RNR cannot be self certified
But the first preference would be to get the RNR added in the letter that you already have and if that is not possible then only go for SD

Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts