Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need your help. Our agent left us alone in the middle of the SA SS process ( when we were waiting for Vetassess ). We try to continue by our self but everything is really confusing and complicate for us :( . I have few questions.

Yesterday we lodged EOI for subclass 190 as our occupation is only on Schedule 2 SOL list. We started fill in SA SS application and we have hew questions.

1.First of all - is it true that if we apply On Shore ( from Australia ) we have live and work at least 3 month in South Australia to be able to apply for subclass 190. That is opinion of one of agent who suggested us to cancel our currently visa go back to our country and apply Off Shore . I don’t like that idea at all :(.

2. How much many should we decelerate in SA SS application ? ( from yours experience )

3. Education – should we mention as well, that applicant started study - Master of professional accountant ( 3 month ago ). I’m not sure is it compulsory to show this, and I don’t know is it an advantages or disadvantages. We are currently on student Visa subclass 573, which we attached to SA SS application.
Can we apply for subclass 190 if we are currently on student visa ?

4. If we finish SA SS application can anybody briefly tell me how does the next step looks like if we received invitation? What kind of documents we will need to be prepared ( as we can start collect some of them right now ). What is the cost of SA SS visa? What if in the middle of the process our occupation will change to Currently not available for state nomination?

Kind Regards
Matmarine

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi Matmarine ,

I can answer your first question and will leave the rest to other expats to comment. As I was also trying to get the SS I know few details which I'm :happy: to share.

Hi

1.First of all - is it true that if we apply On Shore ( from Australia ) we have live and work at least 3 month in South Australia to be able to apply for subclass 190. That is opinion of one of agent who suggested us to cancel our currently visa go back to our country and apply Off Shore . I don’t like that idea at all :(.
I 2 don't like this idea either but we can't do much rather than work our way to get this thing around. Well coming to your question YES you should meet that criteria to claim points to your Australian work experience.

You can find more info about this @ https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104

The solution to this*is either:

You secure a job offer in SA + work for at least 3 months and lodge your application

or

if your current state sponsor your occupation it would be much easier to get the SS.

I'm also thinking in the same lines as of you i.e. go offshore, cancel current visa and then lodge application form offshore. BTW which visa you are having currently. If you are on 457 then PM me will let you know the process (which I’m thinking of following).

Wishing both of us Good Luck.

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Redtape

Currently we are on student visa subclass 573.
We claim points only for Polish education and Polish experience, I don't know is it make any difference to this silly requirements to live and work in SA at last 3 month. As we wasn't aware about this we apply for a new student visa and pay a lot of money for a school . So probably we will stick to it, as we heard that after finishing Master of Professional Accounting we should be able to apply for PR.

Kind regards
Matmarine

Hi Matmarine ,

I can answer your first question and will leave the rest to other expats to comment. As I was also trying to get the SS I know few details which I'm :happy: to share.

I 2 don't like this idea either but we can't do much rather than work our way to get this thing around. Well coming to your question YES you should meet that criteria to claim points to your Australian work experience.

You can find more info about this @ https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/node/104

The solution to this*is either:

You secure a job offer in SA + work for at least 3 months and lodge your application

or

if your current state sponsor your occupation it would be much easier to get the SS.

I'm also thinking in the same lines as of you i.e. go offshore, cancel current visa and then lodge application form offshore. BTW which visa you are having currently. If you are on 457 then PM me will let you know the process (which I’m thinking of following).

Wishing both of us Good Luck.

:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.