Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I applied for a fiance visa as i planned to marry my fiance in England, however it took a long time to come through because of mistakes of sending of the wrong forms and having to then re apply. my fiance and i then ended up getting married in America but my wife is now back in England and i am still waiting for an answer on my visa. will it affect the visa, now that we are married. can we change it to a spouse visa or is it to late as it has gone past the date where we have to have all the information in by?what is the best course of action now?

·
Super Moderator
18,072 Posts
It shouldn't. I think there is a question about previous visas. Just explain that you applied for a fiancé visa but that your plans changed and you decided to marry in the US. Obviously you'll need to update your supporting documents.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
What visa (if any) does the wife have taking into account that she is in the UK?

If on the VWP then can she apply for a spouse visa from within the UK?

Surely she has to return to the US and apply from there?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay, so my fiance visa has now been denied, which i was expecting. as we are now married i will of course go straight for applying for the Marriage Visa, i have that i can do this from within the U.K but have also been told i can't that i need to have the fiance visa first, which makes no sense since we are married. what is the best course of action now? can i apply from within the UK?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's what i thought, but can i apply from within the UK without a fiance visa? or do i need to apply from the US?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.