Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so as you are all probably aware this process is beyond any levels of anxiety you may have experienced. This is certainly the case for me. I applied for my Ancestry Visa 4/5, biometrics done 8/5 and docs sent to Auckland 10/5. This was a non-priority application. I know the website states as a guide 15 working days but I am now at 31 working days since they received the docs. I understand Im probably being impatient but my work is asking me whats happening and I have explained to them I am still waiting so can't do anything at the moment. I have emailed UKVI to ask when a decision can be expected to be made due to my employer wanting to know when I am resigning (they have to hire a replacement and this can take forever for management to approve). I dont know whether this was a good idea or not (my Mum said admin people dont like to be nagged (I work in admin also lol). I'm searching the forums to see how other people are getting on but there isnt too much from NZers. I'm pretty sure Manilla actually do the processing for NZ and there is a backlog? Anyone else still waiting or have updates on their application is welcome to post and/or share in the misery of waiting :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
My partner applied priority 24/4 bioms done in Christchurch 28/4. 9 weeks later. Still waiting. Have phoned twice and they say ansenstry visas all processed in Sheffield now - not Manila!

Have you heard anything? Sounds like you're going to have to sit tight if people who payed priority and applied earlier still haven't heard :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My partner applied priority 24/4 bioms done in Christchurch 28/4. 9 weeks later. Still waiting. Have phoned twice and they say ansenstry visas all processed in Sheffield now - not Manila!

Have you heard anything? Sounds like you're going to have to sit tight if people who payed priority and applied earlier still haven't heard :(
Hi, I saw in Stuff that all Visa's are being prcoessed in Sheffield now :( I haven't heard a thing. I have accepted the fact that I will have to wait another month or 2 at the earliest. I'm trying to see the benefits (saving more money, more time with my dog) but having to put my life on hold as well as not being able to give my employer any answers is extremely frustrating!

I hope you get an answer soon, especially as you paid Priority!! They need to get something sorted cause its ridiculous. Knowing my luck I'll get mine just as we leave Winter which means I will be entering Winter there :( I did email them asking if they had received my documents as I got that email saying they weren't received and my case was not straightforward. They did reply saying they had received them and it wasnt a generic one. I reply emailed on that (so didnt cost) but have not had anything since.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have you seen this article?

https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/9...and-out-of-pocket?cid=facebook.post.94323794p

Yeah my partner is still in NZ and me and my daughter were with him up until a few weeks ago but as it was taking soooo much longer than we expected we had to come back to the UK and he's still over there. It's rough on everyone all this. They treat like numbers, not like people ? its good they sent you a non generic email back. We got the same one saying that it wasn't a straightforward case which they seem to send to everyone so do mean anything! Good luck, I hope your wait isn't too painful.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you seen this article?

https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/9...and-out-of-pocket?cid=facebook.post.94323794p

Yeah my partner is still in NZ and me and my daughter were with him up until a few weeks ago but as it was taking soooo much longer than we expected we had to come back to the UK and he's still over there. It's rough on everyone all this. They treat like numbers, not like people ? its good they sent you a non generic email back. We got the same one saying that it wasn't a straightforward case which they seem to send to everyone so do mean anything! Good luck, I hope your wait isn't too painful.
Hi yes I did see that article which is how I found out ours are processed in Sheffield now too. I'm only applying for a visa for myself so I can't even imagine how hard it must be to be away from your partner :( Yes I got that 'not straight forward' email also which freaked me out a bit! Yeah I have resided to the fact I will have to wait maybe another month or 2 but I'm trying to look at the positives, more time spent with my doggie and saving money. I really hope you hear something soon and if you do please post on here. Hope you get to reunite your family soon :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Good news! Ours was 'decided' on 4th July! Now we have to wait 10-15 days for the passport and hopefully an approved visa!!! They can't even tell us yes or no... Just that it's decided ! So that was a 9 week wait on priority from biometrics done and that was ancestry visa. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome! From what I've seen we should really get them back this week :) Others have received them about a week later. Hopefully we both have good news. Please let me know if yours is approved :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.