Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I wanted to ask what the process is for applying for a UK spouse visa from Egypt. So far I have assumed the following:

1- Apply online on Visa4UK website
2- Pay and book biometrics appointment at visa centre in Egypt
3- Submit supporting documents
4- Wait for response
5- Pick up visa from embassy when notified

Now my question is who submits the supporting documents and where? Does she take them with her to the biometrics appointment as I have read in a few threads, or are they submitted to the Sheffield office as I have read in other threads?

Also are there specific documents she must take with her to the appointment if she is not supposed to submit the supporting documents there? And how can she take originals if they must be sent to Sheffield in the UK?

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
I may be mistaken because the process is different but...

My wife as the applicant took the documents to her biometrics appointment and the documents were all submitted there and then. They then forward it on to the processing centre.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I may be mistaken because the process is different but...

My wife as the applicant took the documents to her biometrics appointment and the documents were all submitted there and then. They then forward it on to the processing centre.
Was she doing her visa application in Egypt?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How you apply and how your documents are submitted differ by the country you are applying from.
Great thanks nyclon, guess the documents need to go to Egypt then.

While you are around can you help me with any of these questions:
  1. I am applying via Category A, do I need to include anything from my wifes side showing her employment and her pay or is that completely irrelevant to the application? I do earn over £18,600pa and have got the payslips signed and stamped as well as relative documentation from employer.
  2. We had a party for our registry on Jan 2nd, but are having a wedding party in July, we are legally married and have the contract signed, stamped and translated by the ministry of justice, can I include reservation receipts for the party as evidence of the relationship too? Should I not mention the wedding party?
  3. I had one of my middle names dropped when I was a child, but it is used in the contract as I used my Egyptian ID for the marriage, should I include a birth certificate showing I had it at birth and a letter explaining it?
  4. Do i need a criminal record check for the applicant?
  5. I am applying towards the end of this month, but my p60 won't be issued till the 1st of may, shall I include a letter explaining this?
  6. Should I provide evidence of her employability/future plans in the UK? Uni applications, potential work she has been in contact with people about (No firm offer letter)

·
Super Moderator
17,952 Posts
1. Her income is irrelevant but there is a question on the application asking if the applicant is employed. If do a payslip and bank statement can be included to substantiate.

2. Only your actual wedding is relevant. Your later party is of no interest.

3. Not sure but I think they can figure out that it's you.

4. No, but if she has a criminal record she has to disclose it.

5. They know when P60s are issued. No need to explain the absence.

6. No. Irrelevant.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much Nyclon! Answered many things I was struggling with for days!

6. No. Irrelevant.
How do you suggest we explain why we have chosen to settle in the UK rather than Egypt, as I have read a few times on this forum that they sometimes reject visas if they think you do not have a reason/plans to settle there.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are your reasons for settling in the UK? It can't be because of your wife's job prospects.
I am settled here and have been working here for a year now, we want to live here and both believe we will have a much better quality of life here and our careers will propsper here. We also don't want to return to Egypt as the standard of life there is quite low and even though we lived there for some time we do not consider it home.

I have another question, and it is regarding translation. Our marriage contract is in Arabic, and has been signed and stamped over 20 times by the ministry of justice in Egypt, we then had it translated by the ministry of justice, who have stapled the translation to the contract and done some stamps which are on the translation and across each of the 3 pages, kind of like a seal to show these were the original documents.

The translation has this at the end "This translation is an official one and has been made by the General Legislation Department, Ministry of Justice. Such translation is only limited as to effect, to the correctness of the document submitted by the applicant under his responsibility with no any responsibility from the part of the department for the validity of data or information included in the document or the seals made and affixed by issuing authorities thereupon"

Then it has the name of the translator printed, followed by some other names and official titles, there are 10 stamps and a few signatures within these, but no signatures on the name, it is on the official letterhead and does have the stamp of the ministry of justice on the translation as well as the date but I don't know about the missing signatures. Is this admissible as the supporting documents guide says translations must bear"(ii) the full name and original signature of the translator or an authorised official of the translation company;
(iii) the translator or translation company’s contact details;"

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.