Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have previously posted here in relation to applying for a spouse visa and found excellent advise, however mine and my wife's circumstances have now changed and as such we're having to apply through a different route.
Specifically, that route is:

I apply through category C, where on October 24th I will begin to receive 1 academic year's worth of grants and bursaries.
My wife applies through category A, where she is already in receipt of salaried employment though a 1 year undergraduate work placement (between 2nd and 3rd year), work placement which will end on August 14th.
We apply on July 24th, as it is 3 months exactly before I will start to be in receipt of my stipend, but it's also during the time my wife is in receipt of her salaried employment.
Combining both our incomes like this we meet the financial requirement of £18,600.

My question is, Are we OK to combine my future income and her current income like this, taking into account that when we apply (24th July) my wife's work placement will have only 21 days left until it's ended? Also, are there any problems you can see with the above route/scenario?

Thank you in advance! :fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
39,126 Posts
Yes, it is permitted. Even though your wife's work placement is ending soon, there is nothing in the guidance to suggest this isn't allowed or causes problem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazing news Joppa- what we wanted to hear.
Thank you once again and we will post our progress/result by the end of this month!

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.