Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well guys after much advice on how to compile all the supporting documents to send to partner, we have finally lodged the online application for spouse visa VAF4A.

I'm just nervous regarding others stories regarding applying under financial exemptions/ adequate maintenance and visa refusals.

I currently receive DLA High rate care - Low Rate Mobility.: £416.40 per month
ESA - Support Group with Severe disability Premium which works out. £186.90 per week
Housing Benefit of £80 per week which fully covers the rent.

My question is that can the other benefits be used to meet adequate maintenance??
read so many stories on forums with visas being refused stating ESA, Housing benefit.... cannot be used.

The UKBA really need to be more clear with their rules on their guidelines as in some places they state you can use other combined benefits along side DLA and then it goes to say no public funds????

Would appreciate if someone can clear this out for me.

thankyou

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
You can use benefits towards meeting adequate maintenance rule. It's clearly stated:
a) Establish the sponsor’s and/or applicant’s (if they are in the UK with permission to work) current total weekly net income.
 If the net income varies, calculate a weekly mean average.
 Include all net income currently received, including benefits currently received to which the person is entitled, but exclude third party support.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa..._and_accommodation_Appendix_FM_Annex_1.7A.pdf

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.