Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I want to know the criteria for applying PR.

I've got 5 years of experience this May in IT. I've already done with ACS(got + response) and appeared twice in IELTS missed the score by .5 in one section. I know I can appear for IELTS again but i want to know if I'm still allowed to apply PR with 6.5 in one section and 7+ in others. I'm done my majors in Computers hence during skill assessment two years were deducted.

Additional Facts - Have 2+ Years of Aus experience.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hi,

I've got 5 years of experience this May in IT. I've already done with ACS(got + response) and appeared twice in IELTS missed the score by .5 in one section. I know I can appear for IELTS again but i want to know if I'm still allowed to apply PR with 6.5 in one section and 7+ in others. I'm done my majors in Computers hence during skill assessment two years were deducted.

You're required to have min 7 in each section. For 190 some states may have lower requirements as per the ANZSCO code.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi,

Buddy, same happened with me. I appeared for IELTS trice and all the time missed on writing with .5 bands. This year, I came to know from one of my friend that they started accepting PTE scores. Then I appeared for PTE and cleared it in 1st attempt. Trust me you have high chances of clearing PTE than IELTS. Moreover, PTE results are announced in just 1 day and unlike IELTS it does not have high waiting period for examination booking. PTE is conducted daily. You can go to their website and enroll yourself for PTE and 100% sure you will be able to clear it.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
You're required to have min 7 in each section. For 190 some states may have lower requirements as per the ANZSCO code.
Mate, when did the rules change regarding min-7? From what I know, one is eligible for PR with min score of 6.0 in all bands.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi,
You can still apply for EOI if you manage to get 60 total points considering your education experience and age.
you need atleast 6 in each band. but you will get 0 points for that.

If you manage to score 60 excluding that you can very well lodge an EOI.

Hi,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts