Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are filling in a passport application for my grandson and need some help!

Section 10 requires a countersignature...

It states that this person should reside in the UK and not be related etc
Whilst it would not be difficult to find someone here that has known my son for 2 years it is impossible that the same person would know that the photo of my grandson is a true likeness etc as he has never been to UK!

Are we doing the correct thing by applying here in UK or should we be applying in Zimbabwe?

Yes I know it's all a little premature Joppa but I'm trying to be organized and will only come back to UK at the end of Feb when we are ready to submit the spouse visa for the mother :yo:

·
Registered
39,084 Posts
In order to apply for your grandson's passport in UK, he has to be here on the day you apply. The form clearly states 'I [applicant] am in the UK today.' So if he needs his passport to travel to UK, you should apply for it in Zimbabwe. It costs more and takes longer, but you can have a local referee.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh thanks Joppa so that explains it then.

My son can get it done in Zimbabwe when he goes in January (as long as the citizenship is through)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, yes she can but he hopes to be going back to see them in January so can sort it out.

UKBA has this uncanny way of making even intelligent people look dim! don't know how I missed that hahaha

·
Registered
302 Posts
Oh ok. Yes it would be easier I guess. That way the both of them will know what's going on too.
Thanks for explaining :)

Haha about the UKBA, yes they seem to have a knack for that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.