Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I applied for 175 visa on 10-May-2012 and noticed change in status yesterday. The new status says "Application being further processed". Can you please let me know what does it mean? Can I expect a mail from DIAC soon?

Also, can you please guide me and clarify below....

1. I haven't uploaded form 80 till now. Do I have to do it now, or wait till it's being asked for?

2. When do I have to apply for police certificates and medical checks? Can I keep these ready in advance or I need a special email from CO to proceed for these?
I was in US for few years and have to get PCC from there also, so makes me think how long will it take and is there a way I can keep it ready?

Please help and advise.

Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same boat

Dear All,

I applied for 175 visa on 10-May-2012 and noticed change in status yesterday. The new status says "Application being further processed". Can you please let me know what does it mean? Can I expect a mail from DIAC soon?

1. I haven't uploaded form 80 till now. Do I have to do it now, or wait till it's being asked for?

2. When do I have to apply for police certificates and medical checks? Can I keep these ready in advance or I need a special email from CO to proceed for these?
I was in US for few years and have to get PCC from there also, so makes me think how long will it take and is there a way I can keep it ready?

Please help and advise.

Thanks

Hi Ausaaply,

I am in the same boat as you,in the sense that i applied on 17th April 2012 and saw the change in the status on 1st May 2012.Now even i dont know whats the deal with it.
I am sailing as of now,so in no poistion to get PCC and MEDS.For that one has to be on land.So am just waiting for a CO to be allocated and then maybe i can ask him.Lets see.

I am just wondering how long will it take for a CO to get allocated?U have any idea on that,after the status changes?

·
Registered
550 Posts
AUSAPPLY said:
Dear All,

Please help and advise.

Thanks
That's amazing speed really. Diac has gone berserk with its processing speed :)
Yeah if it is abpf, expect to hear from them. Get your PCC and medicals ready right away.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's amazing speed really. Diac has gone berserk with its processing speed :)
Yeah if it is abpf, expect to hear from them. Get your PCC and medicals ready right away.

Dear Bangalg,

This sounds like a wonderful news!!
Thanks much for clarifying. However, can I get the Police Certificates even without getting a request letter from the CO.
I was under the impression that for PCC I have to send the DIAC request letter to FBI department in USA. Is it not correct?
In total, I have to collect PCC from India, USA nd Singapore and which I think can take a lot of time. So would be great in case I can proceed without DIAC letter :)

Same is the case for meds, can I get it done without any cover letter from DIAC?

Please advise.

·
Registered
550 Posts
AUSAPPLY said:
Dear Bangalg,

This sounds like a wonderful news!!
Thanks much for clarifying. However, can I get the Police Certificates even without getting a request letter from the CO.
I was under the impression that for PCC I have to send the DIAC request letter to FBI department in USA. Is it not correct?
In total, I have to collect PCC from India, USA nd Singapore and which I think can take a lot of time. So would be great in case I can proceed without DIAC letter :)

Same is the case for meds, can I get it done without any cover letter from DIAC?

Please advise.
Not sure of FBI but India Pcc can be taken on your own. No need of request from diac.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Dear All,

Please help and advise.

Thanks

the same thing happened to me my status it changed to "application being processed further" on 10-April-2012, i asked my Agent about the same and he said that its just acknowledgement email form DIAC that they have received your application and visa fee and nothing more... so wait for CO allocation

·
Registered
21 Posts
the same thing happened to me my status it changed to "application being processed further" on 10-April-2012, i asked my Agent about the same and he said that its just acknowledgement email form DIAC that they have received your application and visa fee and nothing more... so wait for CO allocation
Hey lets see when the CO gets allocated now.My situation is a bit strange i would think,since i would like that the CO gets allocated a bit late,as am sailing at the moment..ha ha..i know contrary to what the people would like.Am a marine engineer so i cant get off the ship before August.Until i resign or think of something else.Also am hoping that the CO accomodates my request in case he gets allocated.Was wondering if its possible to ask them to defer the PCC and MEDS to a later date or is the 28 days deadline very strict??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dear All, there is no change in status after 01 Jun. Please let me know is it usual, does it really take this long after ABFP status?

·
Registered
716 Posts
ABPF generally indicates your application has been allocated a CO. It does not necessarily mean the CO has started working on your application right away though.

·
Registered
4,518 Posts
ABPF generally indicates your application has been allocated a CO. It does not necessarily mean the CO has started working on your application right away though.
Agreed and the CO will not necessarily contact you unless they require further information/ documents. It's not uncommon for some applicants' first contact with their CO to be the issue of the visa grant.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hello twister292, I called DIAC and they said no CO has been assigned to my application yet. I am a little confused now. Can you please advise why would they change the status when no one is really looking into my application?
Also if they changed by mistake, can there be chances no CO would pickup the application thinking some one is already looking into it, just a crazy thought!!!

·
Registered
970 Posts
Perhaps your case had been allocated a Batch, this happens just before CO allocation - i suppose.

DIAC seems to have tremendous case loads, they had been sending different emails to PG-5 applicants in 4 different groups. I cant imagine, there are over 30k PG5 still waiting over 3+ years now, only just to get a CO.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Perhaps your case had been allocated a Batch, this happens just before CO allocation - i suppose.

DIAC seems to have tremendous case loads, they had been sending different emails to PG-5 applicants in 4 different groups. I cant imagine, there are over 30k PG5 still waiting over 3+ years now, only just to get a CO.
I dont know how there are allocating COs. I have applied on 30th April and people who have applied after me are getting CO's and even visa's.

How do you know there are over 30K PG5 still waiting?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I dont know how there are allocating COs. I have applied on 30th April and people who have applied after me are getting CO's and even visa's.

Yup agreed!

I applied on 31-05-2012 and still looking for CO. Even DIAC update their timelines on 4th July 2012 with the statement like Priority Group 3 (176) will be assigned CO within 4 weeks of application .....
I saw many applicant assigned CO and they applied after me .....
confused, whats going on :(

Any idea why there is delay?

Regards,
Shoaib

·
Registered
340 Posts
And i m desperately waiting to see me status as Application Being Processed Further

:(

·
Registered
970 Posts

Well, its out there - i cant read mandarin though.

PG5 (independent):
Pending Case 16.35k (i guess Primary applicant/application count)
Total Place 27.6k (this includes secondary applicant)

PG5 (FS):
Pending Case 15.5k
Total Place 31k

These emails were/still being sent to PG5.

So dont feel that sad if u r PG4 or 3.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dear All,
I lodged my 176 SS application on 31-05-2012 and my status changed to Application being processed further on 10-07-2012 .....

But there is no such email from CO..... Do u think CO been allocated to my application or not?

Regards,
Shoaib

·
Registered
380 Posts
Dear Shoaib

Usually CO will contact once some additional info is needed, otherwise normally there will be no mail. Just wait for a week or two and keep watching your docs changing to MET :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
Dear Shoaib

Usually CO will contact once some additional info is needed, otherwise normally there will be no mail. Just wait for a week or two and keep watching your docs changing to MET :)
is it really mean, CO has been allocated to my application????
just want to confirm it before celebration :) hehehe

Regards,
Shoaib

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yes I also didnt believed it until I saw my docs status changing to MET. But yes, for 176 its highly likely that CO is assigned, because max time for CO is 4 weeks. So I guess you can celebrate

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.