Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was on family vacation this week and today morning I saw my status shows your application is approved. My Entry Before Date of entry is 9/3/2010.

Thankyou all for contributing on this forum. I have done my application on my own and the help i needed i could found from this forum. Keep up the good job. Though I have taken help for my ACS application.

My time line is as below

CSL/MODL,ACS (C,C++,C#) assessment result- 25/10/08,
175 OL: - 29/10/08,
Appl processed further - 10/2/09,
MED FL & rec -10/3/2009,
PCC FL,HR,
CO on - 25/05/09,
Add. Docs req. - 25/05/09,
wife cleared IELTS 06/09 sub result 11/07/09, interview from local Aus. Consulate - 25/08/09
add. doc req for exp. - 15/09/09,
sub. payslip and exp letter - 21/09/09,
application approved - 26/09/09
Entry Before Date - 9/3/2010

Now the real work starts to find job,ticket booking and find place to stay. We are family of 2 and 2 kids (7 years boy and 3 years girl). As I am from IT back ground I am planning to go to Sydney.

My family is very excited and also has lot of anxiety about how it is going to work out in new country. We have been staying more in USA since last 4 years so it should not be much problem but that was on my companies assignment. Now this is my own assignment and I am realising the difficulty for making my own arrangement. But I am sure things will fall inline hopefully. Anybody would like to share their experience??

How is the job hunting looking for new immigrant specially in IT sector?? I tried some time back but consultants told me to get in touch once I get my PR. This was in June/July since than I have not tried really hard. I am planning to land in End of Jan 09 hopefully clients are back in market. Till then hunt will go on from my homeland. I need lot of luck and blessing for you all.

Is anybody in similar boat would like to share their experience??

Thanks and Regards
CD

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
hey CD

congratulations. u will manage everything, dont worry, someone suggested a while ago that one should try linkedin networking. so u can give it a shot, otherwise keep checking openings on seek etc, keep mailing the consultants, try mailing ur cv to consultants and directly to companies whom u feel are in teh same line and would need people like u

wish u luck

do keep us posted

cheers
anj

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS Cooldude... Good luck and take care..

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Congratulations! :clap2:

If you haven't already done so please update or add your timeline to the time line thread (link from 'PLEASE READ.....' post).

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats my friend. Let the fun start :)
Let us know how it goes for the job search. I'm also in the same boat. Networking is the easiest way I guess to get through the door, so try to activate all contacts you have who are already in Australia.

Good luck

·
Registered
541 Posts
Cooldude.............
CONGRATS to you on getting Visa.
Let you have a good begining

·
Registered
272 Posts
Congratulations!!!

:plane:
Hope you travel soon and have a wonderful life over there!!:
cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hubby is going to Oz next month to check out the work situation and if all goes well we'll be moving in a few months. Our kids are a similar age.

Best of luck to your family!!!

Busyte

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks to all for your kind wishes...

Congratulations!!!

:plane:
Hope you travel soon and have a wonderful life over there!!:
cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Hubby is going to Oz next month to check out the work situation and if all goes well we'll be moving in a few months. Our kids are a similar age.

Best of luck to your family!!!

Busyte

Busty All the best to you and your family. Well which area your hubby is planning to visit and What proffession he belongs to??? I am sure your hubby would have tried job search from your home land. Can you share some of his experience.?? Has he lined up some interview there???

Best Regards
CD

·
Registered
173 Posts
Congratulations :clap2:

Now you can start applying for jobs. I am also in the same boat, but just started the journey. Keep update on your status.

Hi All,

I was on family vacation this week and today morning I saw my status shows your application is approved. My Entry Before Date of entry is 9/3/2010.

Thankyou all for contributing on this forum. I have done my application on my own and the help i needed i could found from this forum. Keep up the good job. Though I have taken help for my ACS application.

My time line is as below

CSL/MODL,ACS (C,C++,C#) assessment result- 25/10/08,
175 OL: - 29/10/08,
Appl processed further - 10/2/09,
MED FL & rec -10/3/2009,
PCC FL,HR,
CO on - 25/05/09,
Add. Docs req. - 25/05/09,
wife cleared IELTS 06/09 sub result 11/07/09, interview from local Aus. Consulate - 25/08/09
add. doc req for exp. - 15/09/09,
sub. payslip and exp letter - 21/09/09,
application approved - 26/09/09
Entry Before Date - 9/3/2010

Now the real work starts to find job,ticket booking and find place to stay. We are family of 2 and 2 kids (7 years boy and 3 years girl). As I am from IT back ground I am planning to go to Sydney.

My family is very excited and also has lot of anxiety about how it is going to work out in new country. We have been staying more in USA since last 4 years so it should not be much problem but that was on my companies assignment. Now this is my own assignment and I am realising the difficulty for making my own arrangement. But I am sure things will fall inline hopefully. Anybody would like to share their experience??

How is the job hunting looking for new immigrant specially in IT sector?? I tried some time back but consultants told me to get in touch once I get my PR. This was in June/July since than I have not tried really hard. I am planning to land in End of Jan 09 hopefully clients are back in market. Till then hunt will go on from my homeland. I need lot of luck and blessing for you all.

Is anybody in similar boat would like to share their experience??

Thanks and Regards
CD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts