Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Members,
We who waited for our decision for 3 months or more can share our experiences and changes as well in this thread so that we can determine our waiting period.

·
Registered
960 Posts
But there is a timeline for them to take decision within 3 months, isnt ?
Well if you read carefully, they endeavor to complete processing within 90 days but no hard and fast rule. I guess their target is to process 75% of applications within 90 days.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Well if you read carefully, they endeavor to complete processing within 90 days but no hard and fast rule. I guess their target is to process 75% of applications within 90 days.
If you take last 90 days data of 190 visa their claim of 75% will fall flat. Infact i dont think they even touched 20%.

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you take last 90 days data of 190 visa their claim of 75% will fall flat. Infact i dont think they even touched 20%.
I have a feeling the speed of grants depends on which team is allocated to process your visa.. Initially I believed that they were focussing on Onshore applicants and applicants with exceptional circumstances. But that I ruled out when few Offshore applicants from March were granted the visa when Jan and Feb still awaits their golden email and in some cases even a CO allocation.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Skilled- Nominated (190) type visa only affected but Skilled- Independent (189) not affected at all. They got their grant within 3 months.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I'm waiting for grant now and very sure that mine is about 5 months due t the delay email :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has all your lasted updated date changed post you lodged your visa?? Also how many of your status still remains "assessment in progress"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Has all your lasted updated date changed post you lodged your visa?? Also how many of your status still remains "assessment in progress"
i lodged 190 application on 18 Feb and the status is "assessment in progress" since then (date also havn't changed)
no CO no document request no delay mail...

i'm frustrated....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Lodged the visa in first week of Feb with no CO, no change to the last update date, no nothing.. Total suspense
Still in "Assessment in Progress"..

·
Registered
71 Posts
A post from a different forum...

My IMMI status changed from 'processing' to 'application received' a week or two ago, and after mailing my VPO to ask why, I got this response this morning:

"This means the application is ready for decision however as outlined in the email below, the Department has reached the maximum number of visas granted in the 190 visa category for this Programme Year. Visas will re-commence to decision 1 July 2015."

So at least there's no more guessing involved. 1 July it is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Everyone
Here are my stats

189 Visa Timeline

Place of Origin: Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Profession: Electrical engineering
EOI submission: 10/ July/2014
Received Invitation: 11/August/2014
Visa 189 Application: 06/October/2014
Medical Check up: 12/December/2014
Visa Grant: ??? - Still waiting

It's about 6 months that I have submitted PCC & Medical, but no update, still waiting. Can any one guide me on this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi,

Anyone on 189 visa for 2613 tried reaching immigration after waiting 3 months ? I wanted to know if that will help ?

regards
Harish

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hi Everyone
Here are my stats

189 Visa Timeline

Place of Origin: Rawalpindi, Pakistan
Profession: Electrical engineering
EOI submission: 10/ July/2014
Received Invitation: 11/August/2014
Visa 189 Application: 06/October/2014
Medical Check up: 12/December/2014
Visa Grant: ??? - Still waiting

It's about 6 months that I have submitted PCC & Medical, but no update, still waiting. Can any one guide me on this.
Did you call them and tried asking about the actual status.
it seems some external check is going on....check with your previous company managers if they got any verification call so far.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My last updated date changed after i called them....
But in my case no change last update date except some changes in document recommended to not required nothing else.
By the way does delay mail means positive or negative things for processing?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Ok. Thanks for the info. But did they say it will be processed in july over phone ?

I dont think that will help Harish.
In my case,81 days are completed and when contacted, got delay mail.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do they respond to calls? I did not called yet.
How much time usually they take for external checks, it's already going to be eight months since i applied.

waiting is really tough...

1 - 20 of 89 Posts