Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together all of the documents and getting ready to submit my application next week! However, my husband was talking to someone who also just applied and submitted a letter from the applicant's employer. I have not yet told my work I will be leaving, therefor do not have a letter of employment for me.

In the guide to supporting documents it says I need "Evidence of your current employment or studies". The details say they need my salary, whether I have been given time off work and whether it is paid or unpaid. I was planning on giving my two weeks once I received a decision on the application because I would be moving (duh).

Do I have to submit this letter? I thought we only needed my husbands job information (which we have)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have an employment contract. I work in an at-will employment state and my payslips are all online - so they won't be on official paper. Will that be ok? And how many of my payslips do I need?

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
Then payslips should be stamped by your company individually or they must supply a letter on headed paper authenticating them. How many depends on whether you are applying under Cat A (6 months) or Cat B (12 months).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm really sorry, but I am confused. We have all of the paperwork from my husbands company (sponsor) and are applying under category A as he has been working at the same company in the UK for over a year. We have all of his pay slips authenticated for the last 6 months.

So for my job (in the U.S.) I need to provide my last 6 months pay slips as well, even though my income isn't considered for the application?

Thanks for your help Joppa!

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
For your job in US , for information only (won't affect financial requirement), you just need one payslip, contract or employment letter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.