Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Bit of an urgent question!

My Fiance in the U.S. is doing her biometrics today, and we just noticed a potential problem, after printing out the 'Applicant biometric details and travel date' form from the online application, the file name is her Application ID.

Under 'VISA Application Submission Location' it states British Consulate General New York- New York. I was under the impression we send the completed application to Sheffield UK, NOT NEW YORK?! :confused:

Am I confusing something?

I would be very grateful for anyones advice ASAP!

Many thanks again!

·
Registered
5,738 Posts
Edit:

The front page of my settlement application (VA4FA) reads
VISA APPLICATION LOCATION:
BRITISH CONSULATE GENERAL NEW YORK - NEW YORK
and I'm certain it is correct

Make sure she's bringing the correct document with her to the biometrics appointment, she doesn't need the whole visa application. Just View Appointment > Print Appointment Details. This is the document they stamp and sign.

Reactions: HatakeSage

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
It's something along the lines that Sheffield processes the settlement applications on behalf of New York. It's confusing, but then what about this visa process isn't?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Dear All,

Bit of an urgent question!

My Fiance in the U.S. is doing her biometrics today, and we just noticed a potential problem, after printing out the 'Applicant biometric details and travel date' form from the online application, the file name is her Application ID.

Under 'VISA Application Submission Location' it states British Consulate General New York- New York. I was under the impression we send the completed application to Sheffield UK, NOT NEW YORK?! :confused:

Am I confusing something?

I would be very grateful for anyones advice ASAP!

Many thanks again!
If it is a spousal visa, it does go to sheffield and not NY.
I went and looked at my biometric appointment page and it says this :
"Please
remember to send: Non Settlement, EEA Family Permits and Returning Resident applications to New York Settlement Applications to Sheffield "
Edited to add: Looked at my online application form and I see where it says New York, just send it to Sheffield (providing that its a spousal visa of course!)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it is a spousal visa, it does go to sheffield and not NY.
I went and looked at my biometric appointment page and it says this :
"Please
remember to send: Non Settlement, EEA Family Permits and Returning Resident applications to New York Settlement Applications to Sheffield "
Edited to add: Looked at my online application form and I see where it says New York, just send it to Sheffield (providing that its a spousal visa of course!)
Its a fiance visa but still categorized as settlement. This is so typical that they would put something so confusing at the last moment! :(

·
Registered
81 Posts
It does go to Sheffield. This question comes up pretty often.

You should've been directed on the website to a link to purchase their prepaid labels (not a requirement but a suggestion) , those labels have the correct address. At my biometrics appointment they gave me a printout as well with some extra instructions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.