Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appendix2 accommodation question

2K views 27 replies 5 participants last post by  skyf 
#1 ·
Hey guys

In the accommodation is a question about do you own this property ?
We offered a house but the mortgage is still going on and we almost have the contact on sale document
What should i write as in answer ? Yes or no im confused
Thanks 🙏🏻

#3 ·
Hi Clever Octopus, we don’t live there yet. Exchange of contracts will hopefully happen this week with completion scheduled for 27 October. I have all the property information as well as mortgage offer and confirmation that my offer to the vendor has been accepted. We are just wondering if that will be enough as well as include the contract and some pictures to satisfy the accommodation criteria. It does mention in the guidance on MAA9 that “It is (or will be) owned or legally occupied for the exclusive use of the couple”
I m also curious about does the contract have to be original ?

Thanks in advance

#6 ·
Hi Skyf, thanks for your reply.
So we have to wait until my fiancé is in the property and after the date of completion? Does it therefore mean that accommodation has to be completely certain. How come they have in the guidance that it is or *will be* owned? Seems strange if the requirement is for it to actually on be owned they wouldn’t include ‘will be’. My fiancé is coming to Turkey for Christmas and we want to come back to the UK together and don’t know whether we can wait for after completion as that will only give less than 2 months and I know time limits are longer. We are going to apply with the premium service, but even with that we are not sure how long it will be until the decision.

#7 ·
If you are certain the Completion will take place then you can take a chance that the Solicitor can give you written confirmation for the Premium Appointment. This was exactly what we did we actually got Completion on the Day of our Appointment. We took Solicitors letter with us. It was very tight and can be nail-biting as House sales can fall down at the last minute.

#9 ·
Took correspondence between our Solicitor and Vendor's Sollcitor which was 2 days Old,which confirmed our side was holding Funds to transfer for Completion on XXX property on XX date. Preliminary correspondence, from Solicitor was also included which gave formal information of property and intended Completion. This was all original letters, and although I cannot be sure have an idea ECO may have checked with Solicitor as Completion was taking place that day.

It is important if you go this route, to make sure the Sale will Complete without hitch.
We were fortunate in as much we were not depending on Mortgage provider which can sometimes create a delay. You don't want to risk giving misleading information.

#10 ·
Thanks Skyf that’s been very helpful. One final question on Appendix 2 when it says ‘does your sponsor own this property?’ we have put the new property in 2.1. As we technically don’t own it yet do we write no and explain in the box about the completion date. Or did you write ‘yes’ because completion was happening at the same time?

#11 ·
We completed app giving details of property being purchased, remembering our sale was 99% certain as we had made a deposit and our Premium apt was 14 days from application, so that cut down any potential pitfalls. Took documents already stated withus to Appointment.

You need to make a judgement considering principally the expected date of Purchase Completion and timing of Prem Appt.
If you are relying on a mortgage, has it been approved in full?
Get your Solicitor to give an explicit date for Exchange. This may be difficult until possibly a couple of weeks before projected date.

It is a bit of a balancing act when you are considering so many variables which are not totally in your control.

#15 ·
Seems either you or the Seller have nominated an Attorney to act on your behalf ( usually the Solicitor). What ever happens your Solicitor should be in possession of a Signed Contract. Should be the one signed by the Seller, whose Solicitor will have your signed Contract. That is often the best way although Solicitors can act in a rather different way taking each other's verbal exchanges as being adequate. In your case ask your Solicitor for a validated copy of the Seller's Agreement.
You may need to explain, if not done so, the need to have a certified document which is presented to the ECO.

#16 ·
Hi skyf

We now have signed contract in one document we were wondering whether providing the 10% funds heild as stakeholder as well as the other documentation Accommodation letter of introduction​​​​​​, Confirmation of acceptance from vendor​​​​​​, Mortgage offer document​​​​​​, Property information with pictures​​​​​, ​​​​​​​​, Property reservation confirmation​​​​, Memorandum of sale​​​​​​​​,Land Registry plan. Is sufficient

If not what else do we require ?

Thanks again

#17 ·
The Contract should have an indicative date of Completion, which should not be too far into the future. The Mortgage offer is important, it is likely to be time barred which will tie up with the Contract Completion date. Assume there is no Chain involved?

#18 ·
The contract does have a completion date on it, which is 9 November. Is that too far in the future? The mortgage offer document was early on in the process before acceptance of the offer on the property. Do I need to contact my bank and ask them to provide me with an updated one? I do not have another property but the person I am buying from is moving to another property.

Thanks

#19 ·
The Contract is within a Calendar month is fine. Mortgage offers are usually time-limited and for a specific property. The address should tie up on the offer, and your Solicitor is/should be liasing with the Bank. That is fine. Good practice to get the Solicitor to confirm to ECO, not essential but it does cover all bases. Are you applying for Premium Appointment soon?

#20 ·
The date of my mortgage offer is 24 August and the property address matches with all other documents. The terms state that there is a 7 day reflection period and once that’s over ‘the conveyancer will proceed with the legal work required and you won’t need to tell them that you wish to accept our offer’. Is that enough or do I need to get them to confirm anything else and have a newer letter?

What does my solicitor need to confirm? And is email correspondence ok or does it have to be a letter?

Thanks for all of your help. You have been really helpful.

#21 ·
Hey skyf

P.S yes we are applying with the premium service, hopefully within the next couple of days. Any idea on length of wait? My fiancé is Turkish. We’re wanting to have a decision before 29 December as I’m going to Turkey and hoping that we can come back together.

#22 ·
Much depends on the Centre you want. Some have a heavy demand. You need to look at the diary on whichever Centre you choose. Don't believe appointments can be made longer than 4 weeks in advance, but you will tell from the Calendar of availability at the Premium Centre

#23 ·
Thanks for that, so can we apply and then wait to pick a time or do we have to pick an appointment time straight away.
Also sorry to keep asking questions, you have been such a help. But I commented something above that last post also.
Thanks

I wrote ;

The date of my mortgage offer is 24 August and the property address matches with all other documents. The terms state that there is a 7 day reflection period and once that’s over ‘the conveyancer will proceed with the legal work required and you won’t need to tell them that you wish to accept our offer’. Is that enough or do I need to get them to confirm anything else and have a newer letter?

What does my solicitor need to confirm? And is email correspondence ok or does it have to be a letter?

Thanks for all of your help. You have been really helpful.

#24 ·
Unless the system has changed you cannot access and select an appointment until the required fee is payed. When you pay a unique code will be given which is used to make your appointment. You are able to view the available times and can select what suits you. Each office have differing demands, Croydon is usually busy, Cardiff not so, Birmingham tends to get booked quickly as they only release dates within a future time limit, which I believe is 1 month.

When you say reflection period I guess that means cooling off time when you can decline the offer. Have you accepted the mortgage offer, silly question perhaps but sometimes an applicant does not realise they have too accept otherwise it is lost.

Emails are not acceptable. Suggest once you have your appointment booked and confirmed you ask Solicitor to provide a formal letter stating you complete on XXX property on XX date.

#25 ·
We will be applying for a 6 month fiancé visa, and this will be applied for in Turkey. So I believe the evidence will be scanned to Sheffield.

Yea the after the 7 day cooling off period it is automatically accepted.

I shall ask my solicitor about that letter. Will I have to send the original to Turkey or will a scanned colour copy of it be adequate?

#26 ·
Ah Fiancee Visa not so difficult thought she had gone through that and you were applying for FLR.

Original documents only or ones which have been officially stamped will be accepted.
Not sure of the Office which handles Turkish applications, it may be Ankara. The site will tell you. You are right all her documents will be sent to Sheffield for processing. Believe there have been long delays in processing so you may need to be patient.

#27 ·
Hi Skyf

Thank-you for all your help yesterday. I just want to confirm with you the things we have are acceptable and then the things we still need to get before applying for the fiancé visa from Adana in Turkey.

We have:

· Accommodation letter of introduction – this is just me stating that we have the following documents to show that this is where we intend to live.
· Confirmation of acceptance of the offer on the property by the vendor.
· Mortgage offer document from HSBC – this is dated 24 August 2017 and states a clause ‘After the 7 day reflection period is over, the conveyancer will proceed with the legal work required and you won't need tell them that you wish to accept our offer’. The offer is time bound and states that it is valid until 20 February 2018. The property is the same address and has the same postcode as the other documents.
· Property information – this is details from the Estate Agent for the property with a floor plan and pictures of each room.
· Memorandum of sale – from the Estate Agent with the details of all parties and the address of the property.
· Property reservation confirmation – letter confirming a £500 holding fee has been given from me.
· Land Registry plan – showing the property.
· Contract of sale – signed by both parties with the completion date.

Things I think we now need from discussions with you:

· Details of the deposit held as stakeholder – need to arrange this to be paid and confirmation letter.
· Letter from solicitor stating that I complete on (property name) on (date).

Do I also need to send the mortgage certificate that states how much I can borrow? This was created before the mortgage offer letter, but I found it and not sure whether we need it.

Is there anything else that we need?

Thanks again for all your help.

#28 ·
For Fiancee Visa, you need to produce evidence of Accommodation.....the Sale Contract and Letter from Solicitor will confirm, all the other information regarding mortgage etc are not necessary for this Visa.

For Fiancee Visa you both need to produce evidence of your relationship, confirmed with photos, details of contacts, meetings, confirmation of Marriage arrangements etc.

Have you read the GOV.UK website where it states clearly the evidence needed etc
for this Visa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.