Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,Im planning to meet the spouse visa financial requirement through Category A.

My husband will be getting a salary increment two months before the date I'm hoping to apply. I understand that we can still apply under Category A as long as the lowest gross annual salary earned during the six month period is over £18,600 which is the case with us.

However,I'm not sure how to go about answering the questions in appendix 2 and would really appreciate some input from someone.

They ask if the sponsor has been earning the same amount mentioned before (current gross annual salary) with the same employer and within brackets it says Category A. I will have to say No to this question because the salary will not be the same. And then in the next question they ask if the sponsor has worked for another employer in the last 12 months and within brackets it says Category B. I will have to say No to this question as well.

Is it okay if I answer NO to both questions although it says Category A and B for each question respectively?

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
Answer yes, and give the total income based on pre-increase pay. And no to the next question. Make sure the employment letter states both his pre- and post-increase salary details.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The question is really asking if he has been earning "at least" the amount you gave as his current salary. Include any pay rise letters he received during this period.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you Joppa and secretlobster!

So just to make sure I've understood;

For question 3.11, What is your sponsor's annual income from this employment before tax , I should put the the pre increase gross annual salary and not the salary he will be earning at the time of application?

And for question 3.12,'Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the the amount as detailed in 3.11 above continuously for 6 months prior to the date of application ',I am supposed to say yes?

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don't apply with speculative information... If his salary is going to change by the time you apply then you should probably wait to fill out this information. Everything should accurate and current by the time you hit "submit". When submitting supporting documents, include the letter from HR detailing his recent pay rise. If he hasn't received his official pay rise by the time you apply, then you will state his pre-increase salary.

As Joppa stated, if he's been making AT LEAST £18,600 for the past six months then you will say "yes" to regardless of his change in salary.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you!:)

Yes, I will be applying in October 2015 and my husband will be getting the increment in August 2015( two months before the date of application)
So 2 out of 6 pay slips will show a higher amount.

If I state the increased annual gross salary is it right to say yes to the question 3.12 ,asking if the sponsor has been earning the amount detailed in question 3.11 continuously for 6 months prior to the date of application? Because my husband will be earning the new gross annual income only two months before the date of application and the old annual gross income for the other four months.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If he has received the pay rise by the time you submit your application, then submit his new (current) salary and choose "yes" for question 3.12. You will provide documentation of his pay rise in the form of two letters from HR: one detailing his current employment terms and reflecting his new salary, and the other being the notice of his official pay rise and effective date. Your 6 months' worth of payslips should show the pay increase effective of two months previous.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
secretlobster

That's not how to do it.
Unless the sponsor is in non-salaried job (like hourly-paid), the ECO will take the lowest monthly pay and use it to work out the annual income. So the way to evidence the total income where there has been a pay increase during the last 6 months is to show the amount based on pre-increase salary. The employment letter should state both salaries with dates, so ECO will be aware of the change and can account for a change in salary for the latter part of the period.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Our immigration solicitor told us to write in the sponsor's current salary, two months after increase had occurred, and was already being paid. Application accepted. Matters very little if you have been meeting the financial requirement regardless of increase, as long as the increase has been accounted for in the letter from HR and you include pay rise letters.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
Your lawyer is wrong, and while you have been approved (as it was clear from evidence supplied about your situation), what I've stated is the way shown by the guidance. What if you had received a pay cut? So always use the lowest monthly pay to work out your total annual income for a salaried job, regardless of your situation.
You are relatively inexperienced, so I suggest you don't jump in and reply if you are not 100% sure.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you soo much Joppa! :)

I suppose it makes more sense to give the pre increase amount because then it also wouldn't seem misleading when I answer yes to the next question about "earning the amount detailed above continuously for six months" too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.