Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm filling out the Appendix 2 and am confused by a few questions and could really use the help! For context, I am applying for an Unmarried Partner visa. We met at university and we lived together for 2 years 3 months before I had to leave the UK to apply for the visa.

I'm just confused about question 1.16 and 1.19. They seem to be asking the same thing?

1.16 If you are an unmarried or same sex partner, have you been living in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership?
We moved out of student accommodation after our first year of university and decided to rent a flat together. We moved in on 3 Aug 2015 where we permanently resided until 1 Nov 2017 when I returned to Singapore. My partner continues to reside there.

1.19 Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage or a civil partnership at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?
Again, will my answer for 1.16 count as a YES for this question? Do I then repeat my answer?

Also:

1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities?
We have a joint tenancy, joint water bill and joint council tax. - is this answer acceptable?

Thank you for looking. I really appreciate any advice! :smile:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bump again. I'm currently applying for a Spouse visa instead of a Unmarried one so the above questions are no longer relevant except for 1.25 Do you and your sponsor have any shared financial responsibilities? My current answer to this is: "We pay for rent, council tax and utility bills together. The rent is XX each, council tax is approx XX each, utility bills are approx XX each. Both council tax and bills usually vary."

Also, regarding question "1.6 How often do you meet?" - my partner and I met as uni flat mates and then after first year, moved in together and lived together till July 2017 when I returned to my home country. Then I flew to visit him from Aug - Nov 2017. He flew out to my home country in June 2018 for our marriage ceremony. How do I answer this question then? I currently have my answer down as: "Daily apart from respective holidays with family from Sep 2015 - Nov 2017. Sponsor visited me in June 2018". Is this okay?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.