Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband asked this question on another forum, so I will save myself the time of writing it up and just paste it here:

"Hi folks, we've gathered everything up after months and we're now filling out all of the paperwork. We're currently on Appendix 2 VAF 4A (we have two copies to fill out, one for my wife, and one for her son) and we're having no big problems filling out hers. However some of the questions are confusing when filling out the son's.

Question 3.2 asks;

What is the financial requirement you are required to meet?

For my wife's paperwork this is Applying with one child under 18 at £22,400 a year, but that's not the case for our son as he is the dependent (and therefore does not have any dependents to claim). Is this a section we should skip to the maintenance section, or are we missing something obvious?"

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to make it clear:
My son is NOT my husband's biological (therefore not a british citizen)
I have already filled out the financial requirement section on MY vaf4a form
He is a toddler

·
Registered
119 Posts
So if I understand correctly your husband is the UK national and he is sponsoring you and your son? Then yes he will need to show £22,400 a year in income.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
I think in your case there is no need to complete another Appendix 2, and just enclose one copy of Appendix 2 (with higher income requirement for adult + child) when submitting your documents - just one bundle for two related applications. Most documents can be shared, except those specifically about your son (such as birth certificate, court order giving you sole responsibility etc).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think in your case there is no need to complete another Appendix 2, and just enclose one copy of Appendix 2 (with higher income requirement for adult + child) when submitting your documents - just one bundle for two related applications. Most documents can be shared, except those specifically about your son (such as birth certificate, court order giving you sole responsibility etc).
I am pretty sure that I must supply an Appendix 2 with my son's application as at the end of the application, it informed me that I must do so and also offers the option of being a child who is accompanying a parent to the UK to settle as a spouse (even if it is indeed redundant).

I guess I'll have to wing it? Nobody on the 3 forums I have posted at seems to know the answer (which is strange).

Yes I have claimed him and chosen the 22,400 option on MY form. I just need to know if I should choose the maintenance option on HIS form.

I would rather include an unnecessary Appendix 2 than to not include one when it is required.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Appendix 2 questions

I too would rather fill out two appendices than not have what is required. However, I am not sure how to answer the financial questions! We are applying under savings.... All savings are in my name not my fiance's (our sponsor) how do I complete that section for my son?

Ideas?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.