Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you very much to everyone who helped us to answer the questions for VAF4A. We have some questions about Appendix 2 VAF4A.

1.19. Have you lived with your sponsor in a relationship akin to marriage at any time (including since your wedding or civil partnership ceremony)?

I have answered yes.

Here is our living together relationship akin to marriage history

Beijing: September-October 2012. No supporting evidence.
Beijing/Chaoyang: January 2013. My invitation to him to stay (as friend) for visa application + airline tickets
Beijing: April 2013. Invitation to stay (as fiancé) for visa application + airline tickets
Beijing: July-October 2013. Invitation to stay (as fiancé) for visa application + airline tickets + police residence visa + joint tenancy agreement (from October 2013)
Marriage: July 2013 in Shenyang
He will return February-May 2014. Invitation to stay (as spouse) for visa application + airline tickets + police residence visa (+ joint tenancy agreement)
We will apply for the visa at the beginning of March 2014.

My questions
a) Do I include all these dates even though there is no evidence?
b) Do we provide police residence visa and tenancy agreement documents (with translations) as evidence to UKBA?

Thank you

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nyclon: It sounds like you are describing a series of short visits which are not considered as living together.

Thank you, Nyclon.

I am so happy for the advice on this forum.

It is good to find this out now and not after we make the application. To us it feels like ‘a relationship akin to marriage’ but we have to use the UKBA definitions.

I will answer ‘No’

Now I am thinking we should put this evidence in 1.8.
1.8. How do you keep in touch with your sponsor?
Do you agree?

I have put ‘No’, so now I have to ‘give reasons why you have never lived together.’

We wanted to make the application soon after the wedding ceremony in August. We found out, on this forum, that the application would fail because there was money going in and out of the account and the account wasn’t instantly accessible. So we have to wait until the beginning of March.

Is this okay?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
You keep tacking the same question onto multiple threads. This thread is over a year old. It's best to start a new thread of your own with your questions, then just wait for a response. I already responded to your questions on the other thread you tacked onto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.