Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on filling out the Appendix 2 form for my spouse visa to move to the uk and be with my husband. Can anyone help me with these questions?

1. On number 1.19, I'm not sure what to say. My husband have never lived together in a long term way. But every time we're together we are at his place in England or my place here in California. Usually for a couple weeks to a month at a time....living together, doing things married couples do. So do I answer yes? Or is this not what they mean?

2. Number 1.27 asks if my sponsor has children. Do they mean of any age? Or minor children under the age of 18?

3. Number 3.3 He has income from salaried employment in the uk. He's been there for 10 years and makes over the minimum required. It says, "indicate which option you are relying on"......Category A or Category B.....which do I put? I don't understand this question.

4. So then I completed part 3A. After that section the rest is not relevant to his income. Do I need to include it in my application even though it will be blank?

Thanks for reading!!

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
1. The answer is 'no' unless you've had a shared tenancy agreement and legal right to reside together in the same country. But don't stress it, it's not required to have lived together before.

2. Only under 18, adult children don't need to be declared in any way

3. Category A is applicable to those who have been with the same employer for over 6 months. Category B is for those who have not been with their current employer for over 6 months (or for those who are not paid on a regular basis) - Make sure you are very clear on the evidence you need to provide for the financial requirement, you should be confident about which category you are applying under. Read the financial requirement guidance thoroughly (at least the parts which pertain to your situation): https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...pendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

4. Leave it blank but submit the pages anyway

Reactions: Mojo22
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.