Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I'll be using my salary combined with my savings to meet the threshold for spouse visa. I am hoping for some help on following appendix 2 cash savings Qs.

Q3.75 h) Amount in account at the date of application?
Q3.76 What is total cash saving u/sponsor hold?

How do I answer these considering the following-
- I have 2 accounts both with funds in them- main (wages go in) and online e-savings acc.
- I'll only be using the e-savings acc for cat d and will only use part of these funds that have been held for longer than 6months (not the current full amount in that account). So how do I answer these as I'm not sure what they are asking for?

I also have another question regarding evidence of the funding source.
I've held the esavings acc for around 7 years and over the years I transferred lump sums occasionally from my main acc in to it. The source was my salary from my past employment. i only receive statements annually, last one was in april. Do I have to prove where these funds came from?

If so, i ordered a dupicate copy of my full esaving acc history which shows the sums transfered from my main acc number (just says x amount transfered from acc 123456)
Is that enough or will I also have to obtain my very old main bank statements showing the actual source of transfers?

Sorry if this is confusing but i could really do with some advice. Thank you

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Easy.
#1 you enter the amount in your e-savings account that you wish to submit under Cat D.
#2 The total amount in your savings account. Leave out your current account to simplify things.

Just submit some samples of larger transferd from your current account, to give them an idea of how your savings have been funded. It does help to obtain old statement of your current account that shows money going out. But as I said, you only need it for a few representative examples.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
issues with older bank statement retrieval and 28 days deadline problem

Easy.
#1 you enter the amount in your e-savings account that you wish to submit under Cat D.
#2 The total amount in your savings account. Leave out your current account to simplify things.

Just submit some samples of larger transferd from your current account, to give them an idea of how your savings have been funded. It does help to obtain old statement of your current account that shows money going out. But as I said, you only need it for a few representative examples.

Thanks Joppa, as per your advice I contacted my bank. I can only order older statements dating back several years to when I need them over the phone and not in branch as it is in their archives. They will take up to 2 weeks to arrive (which is coming close to my deadline) and will have duplicate written on them. That means it will be difficult to get these stamped in branch as they can’t verify them unless they were supplied by them in branch. The agent on the phone said she will leave a note requesting them to stamp/sign but I doubt it will be possible due to security reasons.

I mentioned I received a cover letter with my e-savings duplicate statements that stated the duplicates were true copies. Unfortunately, she said that they don’t issue cover letters with the current accounts- only issued for e-savings. So how will these be accepted if there is no stamp or cover letter?

I also very aware of my 28 days deadline to apply which is rapidly going by (started on the 20th July due to my 6th bank statement being issued on 20th every month). It does not show my salary for this month either as this goes in at the end of each month around 28th. Would this still be okay if my 6th statement did not show my wage going in for this month?

I would prefer to have a few extra days to submit my application. My pay slip and letter of employment are dated 28th July so I was hoping I could go in to branch to get an additional mini statement (which will consequently be dated later) to show my salary going in and also give me those much needed extra days (thus my 28days starting from 28 july rather than 20 july)? Is this allowed?

I am really hoping you or anyone can help as I’ll have to apply by mid-august and I’m getting really worried.
Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.