Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, got a letter my appeal was successful to change the visa refusal to be reversed. The passport was given but so far still waiting for it to be couriered up to this current moment.

Could anyone advise what should be done, since the ticket was booked due to my approaching expiry date of my employment contract in Hong Kong?

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
I've started a new thread for you.

Don't tack your post onto a thread which has nothing to do with your question. Learn how to start a new post. There is a sticky at the top of the page explaining how.

·
Registered
7,370 Posts
Finally, got a letter my appeal was successful to change the visa refusal to be reversed. The passport was given but so far still waiting for it to be couriered up to this current moment.

Could anyone advise what should be done, since the ticket was booked due to my approaching expiry date of my employment contract in Hong Kong?
Well you can't enter the UK without the visa, so if your flight is before you get the visa, you'll not be on it.

The advise is do not book travel until one has the visa.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how about if the person has another passport, would it be alright? If he / she enters UK and leave once received his / her visa with passport

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You shouldn't really be entering and leaving UK using two different passports from the same country.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Joppa. Yes, you're right. Entering and leaving with the same passport, and then enter with the endorsed passport, would it be possible?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.