Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was refused a UK spouse settlement visa in April, and have filed an appeal. I received a letter saying it would likely be 15 weeks until my hearing. My husband and I have already quit our jobs and sold our home.

Two questions:
- Will it definitely take 15 weeks, or is there a chance the appeals process could move more quickly?
- Can we travel internationally (not the UK) in the interim?

Thank you for any advice!

·
Registered
3 Posts
What was the reason for your refusal? did the letter say that the decision was being maintained? How did you get the letter - visa email or post? We are currently going through the same... Refused in April and lodged appeal but haven't heard anything... Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Joppa!

Jesbuc - refused because we didn't meet the financial requirement of cash savings (even though we do - they misread our statements). Why were you refused? Filed appeal online April 4, mailed supporting documents April 6, received letter in mail May 5. Haven't received any email communication.

Sigh. This is no fun, huh?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pretty much the same... The clearance officer used the wrong category for our case so wouldn't allow cash savings so we were refused incorrectly... We lodged the appeal online on 16 April but haven't received any communication as yet.
What did your letter say? Are they now allowing your visas? What country did you get refused from? We in South Africa.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I thought I saw some threads where people filed complaints as opposed to appeals over incorrect visa decisions. The complaints were forwarded to an ECM where the decisions were overturned in a matter of weeks. Only posting to bump this up so a mod can see it and offer more concrete advice.

·
Registered
39,156 Posts
Complaint is possible but sometimes inadmissible. I'd do both, and see if you get any faster response. If not, you still have your pending appeal. Complaint usually works for purely clerical error, but about interpretation of financial evidence, full appeal is usually required.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.