Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
What is the process of re-applying? Just recently came to know that instead of appeal (which takes not less than 5-7 months for process) re-applying can also b done at anytime with no loss of previous visa fees plus with a minimum processing time.
I'm quite sure that we have a strong case as we have missed out only the basic things which will gain us the visa thru appeal but we donot want to wait for the whole 5-7 months. We also thought of fresh application but refusal on record is making us skeptical about being scruitnised more and taking again the same time.

I just wanted to know from where to start for this re-application process, whom to approach?? will it be the same process as of fresh application ? Do I have to visit the VFS and submit all the documents once again on same reference number??
comparing
fresh application - visa fees(3 applicants) plus 3 months timeline
Appeal - cud save visa fees but timeline 5-7 months:mad:
re-apply- could save visa fees plus 3 months timeline??:confused:

Have anyone gone through this process n been successful? Pls share ur experience.
Any advice/ help is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is re-applying referred to fresh application only-??? hope i'm not getting confused here.

·
Registered
558 Posts
i would recommend re-applying, u can save so much time and u don't have to go to court hearing etc....

re-applying can be done even the next day after u got your refusal and decision will be made in probably weeks or months (normally weeks)
if u are re-applying within the 6 months of your previous refused application then they will have to refer to the previous docu/decision etc... and u must provide new docs such as latelst payslip/latest bank statement etc...

if you are re-applying after 6 months of your previous refused application then this is fresh application... everything new >.<

am i making myself clear :(

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi,
What is the process of re-applying? Just recently came to know that instead of appeal (which takes not less than 5-7 months for process) re-applying can also b done at anytime with no loss of previous visa fees plus with a minimum processing time.
I'm quite sure that we have a strong case as we have missed out only the basic things which will gain us the visa thru appeal but we donot want to wait for the whole 5-7 months. We also thought of fresh application but refusal on record is making us skeptical about being scruitnised more and taking again the same time.

I just wanted to know from where to start for this re-application process, whom to approach?? will it be the same process as of fresh application ? Do I have to visit the VFS and submit all the documents once again on same reference number??
comparing
fresh application - visa fees(3 applicants) plus 3 months timeline
Appeal - cud save visa fees but timeline 5-7 months:mad:
re-apply- could save visa fees plus 3 months timeline??:confused:

Have anyone gone through this process n been successful? Pls share ur experience.
Any advice/ help is highly appreciated.
Hi
sorry to hear about your refusal. the thing is it's a catch 22 situation, you can reapply and provide the information that was missing from your previous application or you can appeal, either way you do not know how long it is going to take, the appeal yes, it will be at least 6 months, to reapply it could be a few days a few weeks even a few months, it all depends on the reason you were refused. If you don't appeal you will always have the refusal on your file, if you reapply it will cost you the fee all over again.

if you believe your case is watertight I would appeal, yes it is hard to be away from your loved ones and why it should take so long to appeal I don't know, if you have not lived with your partner, it means you have not gotten use to seeing each other every day, so there is no difference to what you were doing before!!!!! The fact that you are in another country means you have lived apart for X amount of weeks, months, so why not challenged the refusal decision if you believe it to be wrong, why pay out all that money again. If you love each other time is nothing, at least these days you don't just have to sit and wait for letters to arrive, you can talk on the phone, talk and see each other on Skype.

At the end of the day you have to do what is best for you and your partner and any future visas you might have to apply for.

Its better to clear things up now rather than leave it until later.

For the records I had a refusal and appealed, had it overturned we are no worse off for waiting the 6 months it took, love is strong we will be getting married in November.

Good luck:)

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey skinnie, thats a good news, Congrats for the overturned decision and also for ur marriage. yeah its really unbearable to be away from the loved ones but we have been away for almost 2 yrs. So only looking for options which could give us our visa soon. Hopefully we will be reapplying which takes lesser time as being with each other is our priority, obvioulsy sad for our loss of money but nothing is more than being together soon.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.