Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI All

Please Legal Man or Tony can anyone please advise

I have just received a rejection on my permanent residence application in section 27a ,

Reason

During the processing of your application it was discovered that you have submitted an Invalid Zimbabwean Police Clerance , in support of your application . This renders you a person who is not of good and sound character. You therefore do not qualify for permanent residencein terms of section 27a of the immigration act

This is a bunch of bull be cause i got my Critical Skill Visa based on the same Police Clearance and i personal went to Zim for this .

Lucky enough i recently renewed my critical skill visa and have another valid Police Clearance .

Please advise if i need to resubmit all the documents again ? Or just the Zim Police Clearance

So much for the country being against xenophobia!!!!!

·
Registered
755 Posts
:( So Sorry!! I would say appeal it, but it seems the appeals are taking longer than doing a new application.

I would e-mail everyone you can at Home Affairs and tell them that you received your critical skill visa on the same PC that was rejected because they said it was invalid.

Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:( So Sorry!! I would say appeal it, but it seems the appeals are taking longer than doing a new application.

I would e-mail everyone you can at Home Affairs and tell them that you received your critical skill visa on the same PC that was rejected because they said it was invalid.

Good Luck!!!
Thanks 2fargone will hand in my appeal today as I still have a file with the documents I initially submitted . Typed a letter asking them to review and added a recent Original zim police clearance. A new app will take long to acquire the docs again this is my best route

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks 2fargone will hand in my appeal today as I still have a file with the documents I initially submitted . Typed a letter asking them to review and added a recent Original zim police clearance. A new app will take long to acquire the docs again this is my best route
Hi Dumisani

I suggest you go to your Embassy and get a letter to authenticate your Police clearance Certificate before submitting the appeal

Regards

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ Jack14

That might be a good call but that embassy is on a very go slow , what i did notice is they have changed the colour of the police clearance , so I will submitting the new one i acquired in May 2015 is blue should suffice as its also still valid

I read the following on the immigration act and suspect it could be this

(3) The documents contemplated in subregulation (2)(b), (e), (g), (h), (0 and (/) shall be original
or copies apostled by the issuing authority of the country of origin and, where applicable,
translated into one of the official languages of the Republic, which translation shall be certified
as a correct translation by a sworn translator.

I got my Police Clearance certified by the SAPS and the lady at VFS said you dont have to hand in the original , i suspect that could be the issue

·
Registered
91 Posts
HI All

Please Legal Man or Tony can anyone please advise

I have just received a rejection on my permanent residence application in section 27a ,

Reason

During the processing of your application it was discovered that you have submitted an Invalid Zimbabwean Police Clerance , in support of your application . This renders you a person who is not of good and sound character. You therefore do not qualify for permanent residencein terms of section 27a of the immigration act

This is a bunch of bull be cause i got my Critical Skill Visa based on the same Police Clearance and i personal went to Zim for this .

Lucky enough i recently renewed my critical skill visa and have another valid Police Clearance .

Please advise if i need to resubmit all the documents again ? Or just the Zim Police Clearance

So much for the country being against xenophobia!!!!!
Hi Dumisani

DHA must have received written confirmation from your Embassy that your Police clearance certificate is fake

DHA do rigorous check when it comes to Permanent residence, you were able to get a critical skill visa with the same PCC because it was not verified

Regards

·
Registered
91 Posts
@ Jack 14 I see where you are coming from but i personally applied for this in Harare myself
Maybe it was not recorded on the system there in Harare due to Human error

Be rest assured DHA acted based on the Information they received from your Embassy

To avoid a repeat, I suggest you go to the embassy and get a letter of Authentication

Regards

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi Dumisani,

I think it is better to go and get the Police clearance authenticated by the Zim embassy or else there is no point in resubmitting the PCC, whether you have got a new one or not.
Even if the embassy takes some time to do this, I think the wait may be worth it, instead of you getting yet another rejection and paying more appeal fees to Home Affairs and VFS.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Joe & Jack 14

Thanks for the advise will send it to the embassy , I spoke to a lady at DHA who advise that i can either get a letter from the embassy or send my current police clearance which is still valid
I suspect it could be a human error an the ZSP side.

Will see what comes first but thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Joe & Jack 14

Thanks for the advise will send it to the embassy , I spoke to a lady at DHA who advise that i can either get a letter from the embassy or send my current police clearance which is still valid

Any feedback on this. Did you manage to appeals or the reject application and what was the outcome.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I also had a PR rejection but due to employer not being contactable which is nonsense, submitted a letter reconfirming permanent employment and full contact details of my employer gain, this was on 23rd may 2016 and no feedback yet, have started emailing all the DHA contacts i found here on the forum daily to try and see if that spurs any action, good luck!

·
Registered
50 Posts
every story is different, i submitted through an immigration lawyer and they told me that they had one PR application that was granted within 4 months but a lot of PR applications were rejected, my advice is get hold of Legalman and their company, as they are the friendliest and most informative immigration lawyers and see what options you have rather than sit and wait

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Joe & Jack 14

Update guys my appeal was finally approved after 14months . VFS incorrectly advise me to submit a certified copy on my zim police clearance instead on an original.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Dumi

which documents did you submitted for your appeal. did you a letter from Zimbabwe police clearance department stating that your police clearance was original

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
which documents did you submitted for your appeal. did you a letter from Zimbabwe police clearance department stating that your police clearance was original
All the same documents for a prp application and the Original police clearance , I attempted to get this Letter ZRP told me it was now invalid because of 6months. So just sent in a new police clearance with the old original police clearance .

·
Registered
19 Posts
First CSV application 5 July 2016
Rejected 18 July 2016 CSV Letter of Skills Confirmation missing
Appeal 26 July 2016 Registered and sent proof
Rejected 18 August 2016
Appealed 26 August 2016 Got membership certificate and confirmation through Immigration Agents
Approved 14 October 2016

1 - 20 of 34 Posts