Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i have two questions and I hope someone on this forum has an answer to them....

1.) During the appeal process do you have to submit the sponser original passport? As appeals can take up to one year- does it mean that the sponser will be without their passport for all that time,

if that's the case will the sponser not be able to visit their spouse abroad untill a decision has been made on their appeal?

2.) Me and my spouse have been married for 1 year and 6 months.. when we submit our case it will be just over two years of marriage.. During those two years i would have visited my spouse abroad twice. The first time two weeks and the second time three weeks ( due to work not giving me more than three weeks off a time). My question is will this be sufficient to qualify the immergration rules regarding relationships and intervening devotion?

I do send money regulary ( every two-three months) and I have call history and Skype history covering two years since marriage. We also send greeting cards to mark events in our lives such as eid and anniversary etc.

Please can someone kindly answer my two questions above. I would be most grateful. Thanks In advance for taking the time to read this

Layla.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
#1 Not normally. Even if it has been submitted, you can ask for its return.
#2 It's hard to say as it will be decided on the balance of probabilities, so a subjective decision. Just submit as much evidence as you have, including Skype, apps etc. Cards carry little weight.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you joppa for your reply.

It's good to know that the sponser can still visit their spouse when they have an appeal going on ( and 1 year without a passport is quite a lengthy time)

In regards to visiting my spouse twice I think i might consider going once more just before I submit my case. Do you think this is a good idea in strenghthing my application?

Although i was previousIy refused for financial reasons I don't want to risk being refused for relationship this time around. I am financial able to and work is willing to give me 16 days holiday pay

Which brings to my next question.. in my second job my employer issues fairly basic payslips which do not show holiday pay.. I get paid 500 pound monlthy and with 16 days paid holiday of my employer I will receive £500 pay again for that month I went. However on the payslips it will just show gross pay as £500 and no mention of holiday pay.

Will the ECO challenge this as it does not state on payslip I got paid for my 16 days off?. I have no controls over this as it's the way my employer issues his payslip.

Please could you clarify this joppa , i hope it dosent seem like a silly question but I'm looking into every detail this time as I can't bear another refusal:(

Many thanks
Layla

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
No they won't. Most payslips don't mention holiday pay and employer just carries on paying your normal rate while you are on holiday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.