Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas as to where I could find cheap apartment furnishings (that isn't Ikea). For the moment I'm specifically looking for cheap bedding, ala Linnens N Things for the Americans. I'm living in Paris and have already exhausted Ikea. I'm looking for something like a Bed in a Bag (fitted sheet+flat sheet+2 pillow cases+coverlet). Thanks for any help!

·
Administrator
50,375 Posts
I've actually seen those bed-in-a-bag things in some of the big hypermarkets here - Carrefour or Auchan. You might also try Tati, if you can find one nearby, or something like Monoprix or any of the other big cheap-stuff chains. The merchandise varies in those places, so just because they don't carry sheets and towels one time you're there doesn't mean they won't have them two weeks later.

There are also some outlet stores on the outskirts of Paris. Though they mostly carry clothing, they sometimes include a housewares outlet. The one I know of is in Velizy, near the Velizy II shopping center, but there's another one to the north of Paris, on the way out to CDG (the airport). The Velizy shopping centers are reachable by bus from Paris (or so I'm told).

One off the wall idea is to check China Town - the area around the Porte d'Italie. There are some incredible deals to be had there if you don't mind an "oriental look" to your flat!
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.