Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, all,
I will be a student hopefully going to Paris next year and will need to find housing. I will be coming with family: one child and husband. My question is do people in France rent studios at all to 3 people or will we most likely have to get a 1 brm? I looked online and one bedrooms seem kind of expensive and I heard that most of them are not furnished at all!
Also for the first 10 days I will have to live at some temporary housing so if anyone knows any relatively cheap hotels/motels/hostels where we could stay in Paris please recommend!
Merci!

·
Administrator
51,944 Posts
What you're up against is the fact that furnished apartments are regulated under a separate law than unfurnished - so chances are, you won't find furnished and unfurnished rentals listed together. Student housing is also considered a "special" category, so what you're seeing in the ads may not be quite what you're looking for.

Check with your school to see if there is any sort of organization for helping students find housing. In the Paris area, if you're attending one of the scientific schools, there is "Science Accueil" . Or you can check FUSAC F U S A C - English language ads for housing and all sorts of other stuff.
Cheers,
Bev

G

·
I remember seeing a site for house-sharing for students in Paris a while back. That might be an option, but right now I can't remember the name of the site - sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.