Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of any reasonably priced furnished apartment rentals on Boracay? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Does anybody know of any reasonably priced furnished apartment rentals on Boracay? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Others may have first hand information but so far as I know, Boracay has been pretty much destroyed by Typhoon Yolanda. It will take several years before that area is anything close to what it use to be. Suggest you try Subic Bay or La Union, both on Luzon Island..

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Thanks Jet Lag ~ Haven't been able to find anything reasonably priced in Subic.
Yea, On base is or can be quite high. Cost for small apartment is less over the hill in Brgy Barretto. Bamboo furniture is very low cost and a fridge at about $200us dollars for a small unit. Lower cost yet if you keep going past Barretto and have a look around in or close to San Antonio Zambalas. Fewer tourists by far so costs are lower. Great (local) beach resorts there and people that are quite welcoming. La Union is still an option but have never stopped there...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I am a little familiar with Brgy Barretto, and a friend there says the prices are high since it flooded. Still prefer Boracay if it wasn't too badly damaged by the typhoon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I was in Borocay a week after Yolanda went through, the island itself had very little storm damage apart from the power being out for a couple of weeks. I saw a lot more damage on the trip up the west coast of Panay. I was back there mid December and all was normal.........As said by others, no real cheap accommodations there. Fun place for a short while but personally I would not stay there too long as it is quite pricey.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Try Casa Camilla for some yearly rent studios and one bedrooms near the beach. When I was there it was really still under construction but I liked the unit I stayed in. Also walk up and down Angol Road looking for for rent signs.

If buy in the market and cook for yourself or eat in carinderias (like Jasper's) prices aren't expensive.

Many goods cost more due to being transported from Manila but people in places like Bayawan City in ****** tell you the same thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts