Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have good suggestions on neighborhoods in Sydney? My office is located downtown, but I don't mind a 30 minute commute if there are hipper areas (i.e., near the beach). Also, any websites you recommend to peruse apartment rentals?

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Cristina:

Have a read of the sticky posts at the top, they have links to the real estate websites.

For 30 mins and to CBD (the city center) you should be looking at the Eastern Suburbs (Beaches) or the Inner West (Hipper and alternative, students).

Anyone have good suggestions on neighborhoods in Sydney? My office is located downtown, but I don't mind a 30 minute commute if there are hipper areas (i.e., near the beach). Also, any websites you recommend to peruse apartment rentals?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Good recommendations from previous email,try Coogee,good value,hip and on the beach,realestatecom.au

·
Registered
53 Posts
Try domain.com.au

Eastern suburbs are great, close to the beach, but can be pricey....also note that they are very touristy, especially areas like Coogee. Clovelly, just north of Coogee, is really nice, but without that tourist feeling. Bronte is nice as well.

Other areas: Glebe, Surrey Hills, Potts Point, Manly (north side)

All depends on how much you want to spend.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts