Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been able to renew my tenancy contract as the 'Landlord was moving in' after inspection and ridiculous charges being imposed for painting and new shower heads etc then claiming I am due zero deposit back, from 10,000AED

Now when I look on Dubizzle there are about 6 or 7 separate companies advertising the apartment for rent again at an inflated price. Do I have any recourse over the landlord for kicking me out on the basis he was moving in?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
Yes.

Collect your evidence and go to RERA and file a case against your landlord.

Note: you will have to file a case. Just reporting your landlord won't do anything.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
For a LL to move in or evict you, he would have to have given you 12 months notice in writing!

As TallyHo says, get all your evidence together and go to RERA with it. The LL can be forced to give you compensation for not following the rules. Also the fact that he has evicted you illegally, he can be prevented from renting the apartment for 2 years.

You simply, must, must, must know your rights and the proper way people have to do things. LL's simply cannot refuse to renew a rental contract or kick you out!

There are so many threads covering this of late - please get 'renter savy' and know your rights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts