Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I have a budget about 80k/ year and I am thinking to stay either near to marina walk or JBR walk. I did some research on dubizzle and there's plenty of them.
however, I do not know which building is good.

Do you guys suggest that I should stay close to marina walk or JBR walk? I do enjoy sun tan though. I am thinking to stay at the Torch if Marina walk is a better choice, or bay central if JBR walk is a better choice. Are these good buildings or you have some other suggestion within my budget? I would love to have marina view though.

My other considerations are restaurants within walking distance as I would try to avoid driving all the time :/ JBR is good but I have been there once, it seems less happening than Marina walk but it is next to beach!! I appreciate if anyone can list out the pro n cons of these both area , it will really be a great help to me :clap2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I read some post it said that some of the buildings the chiller is inclusive. It will be great if this is taken care of too..

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I moved into the Torch a couple of weeks ago and like it a lot, easy in and out to the highway and lots of restaurants along the Marina Walk. It's also a short walk to Barista's and the Marriott is across the street. If you can get an apartment with the XX05 number the view is fantastic.

That being said I like the beach walk as well, not necessarily for the beach, how many days will I actually be out there anyway? It's not like I can't walk or take a short taxi over there anyway.

Decisions, decisions....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am being offered a job in Dubai as I am currently living in London and want to know if I can get a good apartment for a family with 2 kids
Maybe a 2 bedroom apartment near Internet city for approx 100K

·
Registered
17 Posts
XDoodlebugger said:
I moved into the Torch a couple of weeks ago and like it a lot, easy in and out to the highway and lots of restaurants along the Marina Walk. It's also a short walk to Barista's and the Marriott is across the street. If you can get an apartment with the XX05 number the view is fantastic.

That being said I like the beach walk as well, not necessarily for the beach, how many days will I actually be out there anyway? It's not like I can't walk or take a short taxi over there anyway.

Decisions, decisions....
What is the rent and how many bedrooms please

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I am thinking about the Torch too . It seems to be right at the center between my office and marina walk. How long does it take to reach Marina walk from the Torch? I like your idea of taking a Taxi to the beach if I need to. And I would prefer the view than the access to beach ;)

Any good agent do you recommend?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also, how is the management and the quality of the Torch? Been hearing dozen of good comments but could you share us your experience?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am being offered a job in Dubai as I am currently living in London and want to know if I can get a good apartment for a family with 2 kids
Maybe a 2 bedroom apartment near Internet city for approx 100K
The views in the Greens it's a wonderfull place, nice community, and it''s at 500mt from internet city (Farways, Links, Golf tower)...I think you can try to find something on dubizzle just to have an idea on the actual rental price...

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
What is the rent and how many bedrooms please
I paid 120K with the chiller included, the landlord turned down 110K, 2 bedrooms.

I looked at a couple of others in the Torch for less but the views weren't nearly as good and the owner threw in one bed/bedroom set, couch and flat screen TV, microwave, pots, pans, dishes, glasses, tea pot, and satellite TV (crap though!), all new.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Yes I am thinking about the Torch too . It seems to be right at the center between my office and marina walk. How long does it take to reach Marina walk from the Torch? I like your idea of taking a Taxi to the beach if I need to. And I would prefer the view than the access to beach ;)

Any good agent do you recommend?
10 minutes walk to Spinny's (basically the start of the walk restaurant area) at a leisurely pace.

PM me for the agent, she did a good job in my opinion and not hard on the eyes either!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Also, how is the management and the quality of the Torch? Been hearing dozen of good comments but could you share us your experience?
Friendly and prompt so far. Quality is good but if it was in the US and my apartment I would have them touch the finishing up a bit but nothing major.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I am looking for one bedroom with the chiller included, i do not need furniture.
Do you think i can get a nice Marina view within 80k? Or i should increase my budget?

I paid 120K with the chiller included, the landlord turned down 110K, 2 bedrooms.

I looked at a couple of others in the Torch for less but the views weren't nearly as good and the owner threw in one bed/bedroom set, couch and flat screen TV, microwave, pots, pans, dishes, glasses, tea pot, and satellite TV (crap though!), all new.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Friendly and prompt so far. Quality is good but if it was in the US and my apartment I would have them touch the finishing up a bit but nothing major.
Yeh as long as they do not have leakage /blocking issue, or bad smell of the place I will be perfectly fine with it.

Is the neighborhood mostly expat or? Mixture or mostly european?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I am looking for one bedroom with the chiller included, i do not need furniture.
Do you think i can get a nice Marina view within 80k? Or i should increase my budget?
A guy I know rented a two bedroom for 90k 7 months ago (marina view but not as good as mine), so I am not really sure. Doesn't hurt to ask!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all, thought it might be useful to share my knowledge as I just moved to Dubai and am living in Marina Pinnacle right next to the Torch. From what I've heard the JBR residences were only meant to be 4 floors but they kept on building so there could be some safety issues. Also it can be very busy on JBR walk so noise may be a problem. It takes about 15 mins to walk to the beach from where I live, and the marina walk starts just around the corner. Marina Pinnacle is in it's infancy so the maintenance isn't quite as good as other buildings but that may keep the prices down and should improve over time. The building is only about half full and my partner got it through an agent. Hope that helps and good luck in your search!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi all, thought it might be useful to share my knowledge as I just moved to Dubai and am living in Marina Pinnacle right next to the Torch. From what I've heard the JBR residences were only meant to be 4 floors but they kept on building so there could be some safety issues. Also it can be very busy on JBR walk so noise may be a problem. It takes about 15 mins to walk to the beach from where I live, and the marina walk starts just around the corner. Marina Pinnacle is in it's infancy so the maintenance isn't quite as good as other buildings but that may keep the prices down and should improve over time. The building is only about half full and my partner got it through an agent. Hope that helps and good luck in your search!
This is useful too.
I have seen some picture of the interior.
The finishing seems to be not so good. But I will drop by and take a look when i arrive in Dubai. I appreciate your help :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.