Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've taken a day trip to Fontainebleau to start hunting and, as expected, agencies can't help me without a work contract. Tourist office can't help either. Are there any churches with bulletin boards or something? I've been checking online websites and emailed a few people but only heard back from one that it had already been rented. I tried to find meet ups/networking here to try to meet people but couldn't find any. How do people find homes here? Lol

·
Administrator
50,428 Posts
The only church I know of with a bulletin board is the American Church in Paris at the Quai d'Orsay. For bulletin board types of posts you'd do better to check out the local super and hyper markets and the bakeries and butcher shops. That's generally where people post notices of stuff for sale - but I can't say I've seen anything about apartments for rent.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
480 Posts
I found all three of the apartments that I've lived in in France on pap.fr. If you're looking for a studio, be careful--there are scams a plenty, but they are usually very easy to spot once you've seen a few of them. Basically, anything that looks too good to be true probably is.

Good luck!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Got a bunch of good tips today. Went to an English speaking business that helps students of the business school find places, she gave me a few Facebook groups and expat sources here and will also keep an eye out. I'll check pap too, I haven't been checking it (I forget why, maybe the prices weren't so good or something)
Definitely not looking for a studio though.... I'm tired of feeling like I'm living in a hotel room! Lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts