Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Was hoping to get some guidance on selecting an apartment here in Dubai. Moved here 2 weeks ago and need to pick a property soon.

My company will pay my rent directly and gave me a generous budget of 252k per year. I work in BCT in Media City, so Marina and the Palm seem to be the most convenient.

I think I have narrowed the search down to a 3 bedroom in 23 Marina, a 3 bedroom in Marina Tower, or a 2 bedroom at Tiara on the Palm. No wife or kids.

I love the walkability of the Marina, but the Palm has a nice relaxed feeling at Tiara. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Graham

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I'm in 23 Marina, I love it but I'd seriously make you reconsider the 3 bed. We're in a 3 bed. 2 adults and 2 dogs...it's FAR too big for us and I know how much the rent is. If you're set on Marina or the Palm, I recommend a 2 bed max. Save the extra money. You'll thank yourself later. Trust me.

We're downsizing to a 1 bedroom townhouse/villa if we stay. It's half the rent we currently pay and it seems perfect for us and the dogs.

To us, that means we will be saving over AED100K from our housing allowance straight into our savings account. That's a lot of money every year!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Oh, ignore me. They're paying your rent direct and not giving you the allowance? Go for it.
Though, you can get some brilliant 3 bed villas with your own pool if you're so inclined!

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Oh, ignore me. They're paying your rent direct and not giving you the allowance? Go for it. Though, you can get some brilliant 3 bed villas with your own pool if you're so inclined!
If the company is paying your rent and utilities, go for a villa for that price.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
If you're going for Marina Tower, make sure you get an apartment on the first 3 floors, they're the best and the balconies themselves are bigger than some studio apartments. Moving out from the 3rd floor there was one of the stupidest things I've done.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Take a look at the Infinity/Cayan Tower it's really nice there, that's on the top of the list for us and just waiting on paperwork etc.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Graham86 said:
Hi guys, Was hoping to get some guidance on selecting an apartment here in Dubai. Moved here 2 weeks ago and need to pick a property soon. My company will pay my rent directly and gave me a generous budget of 252k per year. I work in BCT in Media City, so Marina and the Palm seem to be the most convenient. I think I have narrowed the search down to a 3 bedroom in 23 Marina, a 3 bedroom in Marina Tower, or a 2 bedroom at Tiara on the Palm. No wife or kids. I love the walkability of the Marina, but the Palm has a nice relaxed feeling at Tiara. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Graham
I'm in Oceana, same as Tiara and like it. Only thing with Tiara is good sun in morning but not in afternoon. Palm is quieter than Marina

1 - 7 of 7 Posts