Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends, I am from India and new member to this forum. Appreciate your help.

I am now preparing to apply for migration under chemical engineer (233111) category.

I have Diploma in Chemical Technology (2 years) , B.S ( Engineering Technology) from BITS pilani (3 years part time) which is somewhat similar to industrial engineering.
I have M.Tech (Gas Engineering- 2 years) which is combination of oil gas process engineering. I have experience of about 18+ years in process safety which is close to chemical engineer profile.

My questions are

1) Does my qualifications fit into Chemical Engineer category? How would the evaluation be done? will they give credit to my diploma?

2) Where I can fit into in terms of qualifications. Since some of my coursework is close to Petroleum engineer and engineering technologist( 233914).

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Friends, I am from India and new member to this forum. Appreciate your help.

I am now preparing to apply for migration under chemical engineer (233111) category.

I have Diploma in Chemical Technology (2 years) , B.S ( Engineering Technology) from BITS pilani (3 years part time) which is somewhat similar to industrial engineering.
I have M.Tech (Gas Engineering- 2 years) which is combination of oil gas process engineering. I have experience of about 18+ years in process safety which is close to chemical engineer profile.

My questions are

1) Does my qualifications fit into Chemical Engineer category? How would the evaluation be done? will they give credit to my diploma?

2) Where I can fit into in terms of qualifications. Since some of my coursework is close to Petroleum engineer and engineering technologist( 233914).

thanks in advance.
You can get information on Engineers Australia website https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/For-Migrants/Migration-Skills-Assessment/MSA-StepByStep-Guide

And in this booklet https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/2017-08/MSA Booklet August 2017.pdf

Also, there are several posts on this regarding skills assessment from EA.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi all,
*I have done Chemical Engineering which is listed under ANZSCO code 2331-11

*However my job responsibilities match more to that of Environmental Engineer (Technologist category) under ANZSCO code 2339-15.

*All my designations are under Sales and Marketing .My responsibiliea include designing waste water treatment plants and Evaporators,and also im responsible for selling these plants to industial clients.

which category chemical/environmental engineer will be more suitable?

Given designing is a job duty will sales designation lead to a positive skill assessment?

If yes then will they deduct years from my work experience as i have 5 years of experience ?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hello Experts,

Could anyone advise whether i will be invited during 4th October's invitation.

Current Points are 60.
Profession:Chemical Engineer(233111)
DOE:18/09/2017

Thanks,

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hello Experts,

Could anyone advise whether i will be invited during 4th October's invitation.

Current Points are 60.
Profession:Chemical Engineer(233111)
DOE:18/09/2017

Thanks,
I don't see much chance of invitation in October as each round's quota just 1250

1 - 7 of 7 Posts