Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Greetings !!

I am planning to apply for Australian PR. I am from India working as DevOps engineer in Singapore since Mar 2019. I have more than 8 years of experience and right now working in a publicly traded American multinational. I have checked all the skills but nowhere I could find DevOps engineer related anzsco code. I am flummoxed about what code I should be using or am I really eligible in the first place.

Besides that I evaluated myself on the points system (subclass 189) and I could only manage to get 80 considering I get 7 in IELTS. I would like to know how likely it is for my application to get approval.

My work consists of but not limited to the following:
  • cloud computing operations on amazon web services.
  • Continuous integration and continuous development.
  • Kubernetes (containers)
  • serverless
  • Python scripting
  • Monitoring of server and application
  • Automation
  • Infrastructure as code

Thanks in advance

Regards

·
Registered
23,420 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Greetings !!

I am planning to apply for Australian PR. I am from India working as DevOps engineer in Singapore since Mar 2019. I have more than 8 years of experience and right now working in a publicly traded American multinational. I have checked all the skills but nowhere I could find DevOps engineer related anzsco code. I am flummoxed about what code I should be using or am I really eligible in the first place.

Besides that I evaluated myself on the points system (subclass 189) and I could only manage to get 80 considering I get 7 in IELTS. I would like to know how likely it is for my application to get approval.

My work consists of but not limited to the following:
  • cloud computing operations on amazon web services.
  • Continuous integration and continuous development.
  • Kubernetes (containers)
  • serverless
  • Python scripting
  • Monitoring of server and application
  • Automation
  • Infrastructure as code

Thanks in advance

Regards
You can go for 261313
It’s the mother code for all software related applicants
But now is not the best time to start the process
Wait for a year or 2 and see how the situation unfolds and then start spending money
In the meantime you can work on your English so that you can get 20 points for English and can get a respectable overall points
Cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
don't waste money for Aus till next few years. the whole thing got almost stopped and offshore grants (to those already got invitation and lodged visa) itself stopped since 1+ yr so forget about new application. Instead look for other country or try for Singapore PR.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts