Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have submitted my documents for ACS Assessment on 12 November 2013 for "Job Code - 263111 Computer Networks and Systems Engineer" and the application is at Stage 4. I am assuming that the processing will take about 12 weeks to complete. I would like ask a question to the Senior Members who have some insight on the evaluation process.

My Qualifications are listed below
B Com - Passed in year 2001 (3 years) - Non Relevant qualification
Aptech ADSE (Advance Diploma in Software Engineering) - Passed in year 2001 (3 years) - As per ACS Summary of Criteria 2012 considered equivalent to AQF Diploma ICT Major
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE - Win 2000) - Year 2001 - As per ACS Summary of Criteria 2012 considered equivalent to AQF Diploma ICT Major
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE - Win 2003) - Year 2008 - As per ACS Summary of Criteria 2012 considered equivalent to AQF Diploma ICT Major
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP - Win 2008) - Year 2013 - As per ACS Summary of Criteria 2012 considered equivalent to AQF Diploma ICT Major
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE- Private Cloud) - Year 2013 - As per ACS Summary of Criteria 2013 considered equivalent to AQF Diploma ICT Major
Work Experience - Since May 2001 - till date in the relevant field of Systems Management and Networks.

We had sent a query to ACS regarding the consideration on my MCSE and other qualifications for this assessment and got a response stating "These qualifications can be considered on case-to-case basis". According to the latest Summary of criteria, MCSE - Private Cloud is considered under AQF Diploma- ICT Major but I am confused about calculation of the relevant experience post the relevant qualification because the MCSE- Private Cloud is just 1 year old certification introduced by Microsoft and no one can have more than one year of experience post this qualification.

Did any one face a similar challenge and can help me out in the Assessment Method if my older Vendor Certifications achieved in year 2001 can be considered for this assessment or will they be ignored? I have managed to keep my certifications up to date and also have been working in the related job profile ever since.

I have also taken the IELTS Exam last month and have score Band 7.5 (S-8.5, W-7.5, R-7, L-7).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts