Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends.

I want to apply for skill assessment under the category of ANZSCO 221111 (General Accountant) but I do not have my old syllabus which is needed for assessment. I graduated in 2002.

I contacted my University to get the syllabus hand book but university told me that they are not printing the old syllabus hand books anymore.

I only have a soft copy of that syllabus. SO what should I do now? Can I print the syllabus on paper (hard copy) and sent it to them with application? Will it be acceptable to ICAA or CPAA?

I also contacted ICAA about the unavailability of old syllabus hand book and their response was as follows:
""We cannot accept a syllabus written by you, it needs to be an official syllabus from the university.
If you do not have a copy and the university will not provide you one then we cannot take those subjects into account when the assessment is done.""

In another mail ICAA said "We will accept the original handbook, or a certified copy of relevant sections of the handbook, which show details of the subject content (syllabus) of all units which correspond with your academic record."

What you guys suggest, what should I do? Does CPAA also have same policy about the syllabus?

Please guide me guys.
Thanks
Eddy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eddy,

I would suggest you to talk to your University again, All the Universities will save a copy of the syllabus. I could easily get syllabus copy from 2 universities that i attend. For some reason if they still refuse to give you the syllabus copy, print the soft copy that you have and ask them to sign it for you. Thus it becomes a university certified syllabus copy.

ICAI or CPAA have the same policies, but i read somewhere in their FAQ's when the certified copy or hand book is not available you can write a syllabus outline and submit them, but i think they are looked up on less favorably.

Cheers

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hi All,

One of my friend planning to apply for assessment under Accountant (General) - 221111, whereas in immigration site below is mentioned

"Licensing or registration requirements
In many occupations you must be registered with or obtain a license from a local authority in the state or territory where you want to practise your occupation. Contact the local authority in your relevant state or territory to enquire about the licensing or registration requirements.
"

Does he require above license first then only he can apply, Need suggestion?

Regards,
Maq

1 - 3 of 3 Posts