Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ICT system test engg role mentioned on 457 visa currently.

My designation in the company is Sr Software Engg (Testing), I have BCOM+GNIIT degree in SE.

Should I go for ANZCO code - 261313 Software Engineer?
OR
ICT System Test Engineer?

I do not have any development experience, I am only into SAP testing from past 9 yrs.
Please suggest the best way to move ahead as per your experiences.

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
I have ICT system test engg role mentioned on 457 visa currently.

My designation in the company is Sr Software Engg (Testing), I have BCOM+GNIIT degree in SE.

Should I go for ANZCO code - 261313 Software Engineer?
OR
ICT System Test Engineer?

I do not have any development experience, I am only into SAP testing from past 9 yrs.
Please suggest the best way to move ahead as per your experiences.
You should go only for software tester 261314 to avoid problems during Verification stage
You may get positive assessment from ACS even if you apply as Software engineer under 261313 , but your paper work has to very strong to prove to the CO how your work goes much beyond testing and into Software engineering during Verification

As only VIC is presently sponsoring this code as far as I know, the chances of getting sponsorship are also low
So you have to decide what to do as you are caught between the devil and the deep sea

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the suggestion and clarifications mate.

What about ICT System test ENGG? Also, is that true that for Software Tester there is only 190 visa option available? Read in this forum somewhere.

GNIIT in Software Engg, work exp almost 9 yrs in the same stream won't that work to serve strong case profile for ACS & 189? lil confusion.

I can get stat declaration which includes all necessary S/Engg job descriptions as per the code list, have worked with developers & hence good knowledge of designs and all. But no hands on. That's it.

What do you suggest? :confused:

Thank you once again

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Thank you for the suggestion and clarifications mate.

What about ICT System test ENGG? Also, is that true that for Software Tester there is only 190 visa option available? Read in this forum somewhere.

GNIIT in Software Engg, work exp almost 9 yrs in the same stream won't that work to serve strong case profile for ACS & 189? lil confusion.

I can get stat declaration which includes all necessary S/Engg job descriptions as per the code list, have worked with developers & hence good knowledge of designs and all. But no hands on. That's it.

What do you suggest? :confused:

Thank you once again
As software tester you cannot apply under 189
It's only under 190
VIC is the only state sponsoring it as far as I know
NSW may sponsor also, but their list is not ready as yet

Knowledge about software engineering is not sufficient in my opinion.
You should have worked as as Software engineer as far as CO will see it

There are some ACS Anzsco experts on the forum.
Wait for them to comment and then decide

Cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As software tester you cannot apply under 189
It's only under 190
VIC is the only state sponsoring it as far as I know
NSW may sponsor also, but their list is not ready as yet

Knowledge about software engineering is not sufficient in my opinion.
You should have worked as as Software engineer as far as CO will see it

There are some ACS Anzsco experts on the forum.
Wait for them to comment and then decide

Cheers
Thanks for acknowledgment.

What is CO? And I am working as a Sr Project Lead - 'Sr software engg' on paper. Majorly involve into management level activities, excellent knowledge of testing cycle/phases, PI, work and collaborate with development team most of the times, but never worked as a developer.

I am really confused why would I not be eligible for Software engg code? Is it because of my education or Software development experience?

Thank you once again :)

·
Registered
23,909 Posts
Thanks for acknowledgment.

What is CO? And I am working as a Sr Project Lead - 'Sr software engg' on paper. Majorly involve into management level activities, excellent knowledge of testing cycle/phases, PI, work and collaborate with development team most of the times, but never worked as a developer.

I am really confused why would I not be eligible for Software engg code? Is it because of my education or Software development experience?

Thank you once again :)
CO - Case officer

Get a Roles and responsibilities letter issued by your company to you

Then compare how many of those match the 261313 Anzsco requirements

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts