Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are moving to Dubai in January and, having spent a month at Arabian Ranches a couple of years ago, I really liked it and think I would enjoy living there. What I particularly liked was the lovely Spanish Colonial style Clubhouse and the Ranches Restaurant with its terrace overlooking the golf course, and I really liked the British/European feel of the place. It would be easy not to look anywhere else and just look for a villa there to live but I wonder if there is anywhere else with a similar feel we should be looking at? We want somewhere with a good social life built around the community. My husband plays golf and I would like to learn so need to be near a golf course. He will be commuting to Riyadh each week, not working in Dubai (except at home), so location is not a particular issue. We are in our fifties, no children with us.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for info re Meadows, Lakes and Victory Heights. Do you know if they have a clubhouse with licensed restaurant?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Thank you for info re Meadows, Lakes and Victory Heights. Do you know if they have a clubhouse with licensed restaurant?
The Montgomery clubhouse is nice and right there at the Meadows and it serves.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I was watching Henrik Stenson win the Race to Dubai today at Jumeirah Golf Estates so looked it up on the map. I see Victory Heights is nearby too. Lots to check out :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.