Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Given the circumstances, I'd have to say my place lol. Just because Chelsea is in the final, I wouldn't want to be out because things can get out of hand, especially since I'd wanna jump in joy for any goals scored by Bayern.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
noisyboy said:
Given the circumstances, I'd have to say my place lol. Just because Chelsea is in the final, I wouldn't want to be out because things can get out of hand, especially since I'd wanna jump in joy for any goals scored by Bayern.
Haha! Understand that. I would pretty much be the same! I would love to stay in if I had a TV! :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah yeah! Still new!;) But it is getting better. Just need to have more time explore things. Maybe good idea to buy a TV as well.:p

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah yeah! Still new!;) But it is getting better. Just need to have more time explore things. Maybe good idea to buy a TV as well.:p
I would agree with that actually. A TV is a good investment. I got mine from Carrefour, but it was in the shopping festival.

So you liking Dubai so far?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Has been pretty good! All new experience. Miss home and friends a bit but I guess we are all the same. It's a bit hard for me to build a social life though, working on it.

You got cable as well? How much you pay for it?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Crown and Lion, which is under the Byblos hotel in TECOM is pretty good.

I went there on my own as a City fan for the final day matches and it was a good atmosphere.

Decent food and loads of other lonely expats scooting about.

Also City won the Premiership, which might have made it all the better!

·
Registered
34 Posts
The Crown and Lion, which is under the Byblos hotel in TECOM is pretty good.

I went there on my own as a City fan for the final day matches and it was a good atmosphere.

Decent food and loads of other lonely expats scooting about.

Also City won the Premiership, which might have made it all the better!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Has been pretty good! All new experience. Miss home and friends a bit but I guess we are all the same. It's a bit hard for me to build a social life though, working on it.

You got cable as well? How much you pay for it?
Yeah, its not easy, but it's definitely doable. People freak out all the time because of that, which makes me wonder why. Dubai is a very social place in my opinion. As long as you put the effort to go out and network (maybe not the best term lol) with people, you will be fine.

I have du's cable, the basic package for 50 (pretty much mandatory), and to be able to watch champions league etc, you need to add the Jazeera channels. I added +1 all the way to +10 as well as HD1 and HD2, for 50, so a total of 100. You can add the standard definition Jazeera channels for an extra 28, so a total of 78, but I'm a bit of a football nut and I want that stuff in HD lol.

Now I wanted a package with internet, I opted for the 16mb download speed (or so they say) so I can stream movies. You can stream games as well. So the tv, internet and phone (madatory with the package) is 329. Add the 50 for the jazeera channels, total of 379. There is a lower package, and a higher package.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
noisyboy said:
Yeah, its not easy, but it's definitely doable. People freak out all the time because of that, which makes me wonder why. Dubai is a very social place in my opinion. As long as you put the effort to go out and network (maybe not the best term lol) with people, you will be fine.

I have du's cable, the basic package for 50 (pretty much mandatory), and to be able to watch champions league etc, you need to add the Jazeera channels. I added +1 all the way to +10 as well as HD1 and HD2, for 50, so a total of 100. You can add the standard definition Jazeera channels for an extra 28, so a total of 78, but I'm a bit of a football nut and I want that stuff in HD lol.

Now I wanted a package with internet, I opted for the 16mb download speed (or so they say) so I can stream movies. You can stream games as well. So the tv, internet and phone (madatory with the package) is 329. Add the 50 for the jazeera channels, total of 379. There is a lower package, and a higher package.
That sounds petty good actually. Well, my roommate and I share the Internet bill with etisalat at about 300 a month and that's Internet only. :( can't go with du actually as the Internet provider for my building is only etisalat. Sucks.

As I am living far away from everything, it is a bit hard for me to go around and stuff. Hopefully will be able to move soon and build the "network".

I need to check the cable thing out with Du. It will for sure be nice to watch on the big screen again! Especially for cases like tomo night.

·
Premium Member
10,204 Posts
Why don't you two (Dessertgirl and noisyboy) go out and watch the match together? ;)
In case you didn't notice, Mafizzle posted a nice suggestion....but carry on :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
pamela0810 said:
Why don't you two (Dessertgirl and noisyboy) go out and watch the match together? ;)
In case you didn't notice, Mafizzle posted a nice suggestion....but carry on :D
Ha ha ha! You playing cupid here P?? Poor Mafizzle totally got blanked.....both times!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.