Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am working in a vineyard near Libourne, and my wife and 2-year-old son are likely to be rather lonely and bored before too long! Would be great if there was someone else out there looking for playmates and things to do together.

Please let me know if there is!

Thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi,

I am working in a vineyard near Libourne, and my wife and 2-year-old son are likely to be rather lonely and bored before too long! Would be great if there was someone else out there looking for playmates and things to do together.

Thanks
lots of kids around libourne and they virtually all speak french so will be perfect for your 2 yo to play with and learn the language

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
lots of kids around libourne and they virtually all speak french so will be perfect for your 2 yo to play with and learn the language

have you considered ecole maternelle , although 3 seems to be the official starting age most toilet trained 2yo in my area are accepted because of the fantastic start it gives them , but it is up to the school at that age

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks - any suggestions? He's not toilet trained yet, so that won't work, but we'd like to find crèches or else a Jardin de Loisir or similar but it sure where to start yet.

·
Administrator
51,371 Posts
One thing newcomers overlook is the local mairie (town hall). You can ask there if they know of any "jeune mamans" groups in the area - or clubs or associations that have activities for toddlers. If there is a local creche or halte garderie, chances are it's run by the mairie anyhow.

Most of us anglo-saxons do our best to avoid going in to the mairie, but here in France it's really the center of social life in many ways. Or, check the website for your local mairie - struggling with the language, you can take your time online - and see if they indicate any activities for the pre-school age set.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Bev - yes, we will check out the Mairie (we don't have language issues thankfully) but just wanted to check if anyone on here happened to be in the area too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Are you still in Libourne?

Me and my family are moving there in 4 weeks (only just found out today) and I have three kids, 2 boys ages 3 and 5 and a 2 week old baby girl.

Do you have any advice as to places to live in/around Libourne? I'm desperate for any information at all!

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.