Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new on here. I am looking to apply for a H-2B visa to work in the USA ASAP and I can't seem to find any helpful information anywhere on how to actually find an employer/companies who sponsor H2B visas! Can anyone who has been granted a visa or who is applying for one please help me? Would be much appreciated!

·
Administrator
50,395 Posts
Normally you can't apply for an H-2B visa. It's the employer who has to initiate the process (and justify hiring a foreigner over a US national). It helps significantly if you have a skill or experience that is in short supply in the US (and no, there isn't a handy list of those professions - though the more education and advanced degrees you have, the more likely you may qualify).
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that I can't actually apply for the visa myself. I wanted to know how I find an employer/look for jobs to begin the process. I have a degree in Education Studies but I am really just looking for temporary/seasonal work

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
The only ones I know about are some canneries and commercial farms in the Mobile, AL area. Seasonal work, 7/16. Some are under scrutiny.

·
Registered
7,363 Posts
I know that I can't actually apply for the visa myself. I wanted to know how I find an employer/look for jobs to begin the process. I have a degree in Education Studies but I am really just looking for temporary/seasonal work
Disneyworld/Disney land other theme parks and all the National Parks have seasonal/temporary staff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts